iPhone Apps

NEWM

A simple thread this, sorry if it's already been done. Basically, my bird has just got an iPhone, and while I'm not really into all that, she relies on me to be the cool, zeitgeisty, pulse-of-the-nation type in our relationship. To this end, I need some great (and ideally free or dirt cheap) apps to recomend her and retain my cool points. I know there's a few iPhone chaps (and chapettes?) on here, so hopefully you can help. Ta.

• Paid Members

Angry Birds

Pro Wrestling.net

BBC iplayer

Sudoku

Facebook

Paper Toss

Sky + (TV planner and remote record)

Rightmove

Wikipedia

Google Earth

Sky Sports Gillette soccer saturday

Tesco finder (tell it what store your in, it will tell you what aisle everything is on)

Sky News

AccuWeather

RBS

My 02

Should keep you going

• Paid Members
can anyone recommend me some ipodtouch apps be them cool or quirky or whatever

Plants Vs Zombies is extraordinary. It's a tower defense game with tons of features and modes of play. There's about 30/40 different plants you can use, and about 30 different types of enemy zombie. It's funny, it's fun, it has tons of levels, and it's cheap if I remember.

Doodlejump is another top one, loads of free updates and easy play control, just jump to the top on platforms and see how high you get. There's a jungle, space, spooky and a winter level, and a load of costumes for your character.

You can't go wrong with those 2, i'll give you more later after i've had a look. Angry birds is awesome too, but i'll go into that later.

Sonic The Hedgehog 1 & 2 are available and excellent.

Just been playing Angry Birds. Really addictive. Got

moto x mayhem.really good use of the mechanics of the iPhone/touch.they cheap too. Tap revenge Metallica is great also.

You can't NOT have Angry Birds. It'll be the best 59p you ever spend.

I almost feel bollocked by Triple A in that post above, apologies for missing that one! But cheers for the tips all the same. Likewise to the rest of you. A poster above made mention of a wrestling one as well. Obviously she wouldn't give a shit, but when I nick it for a cheeky piss about is there a wrestling/football one thats really super-brilliant, or are they all just abbreviated versions of websites?

• Awards Moderator

Red Laser is a cracking app, especially if your missus is a fan of shopping/finding bargains. It lets you scan in any bar code and then using your location, tells you the price of the item in other shops nearby. It saved me

• Paid Members
I almost feel bollocked by Triple A in that post above, apologies for missing that one! But cheers for the tips all the same. Likewise to the rest of you. A poster above made mention of a wrestling one as well. Obviously she wouldn't give a shit, but when I nick it for a cheeky piss about is there a wrestling/football one thats really super-brilliant, or are they all just abbreviated versions of websites?

Don't! I quoted them all because it saved time posting the link to the other thread and then there being a load of confusion of which to use.

Don't! I quoted them all because it saved time posting the link to the other thread and then there being a load of confusion of which to use.

Ah, looks like I'm off the hook. Well in which case, much obliged for the suggestions.

This is further evidence of how completely out of touch I am with everything, but how do iPhone apps that connect to the Internet work? Is it the same as standard mobile broadband data usage on a phone/dongle? I'd imagine watching stuff on iPlayer, for example, would be expensive as fook if so.

Speaking of apps...

A friend of mine says that there is a new app called 'hello' which is like a blackberry in that it gives you a pin and lets you text for free.

I know there's loads of similar ones you can get (which seem more like a web messenger) but wasn't sure if this was good or if there is anything that is really worth getting, I have got a version but didn't really impress me, would be ace if you could use a blackberry pin with an iphone one or something to that effect.

Speaking of apps...

A friend of mine says that there is a new app called 'hello' which is like a blackberry in that it gives you a pin and lets you text for free.

I know there's loads of similar ones you can get (which seem more like a web messenger) but wasn't sure if this was good or if there is anything that is really worth getting, I have got a version but didn't really impress me, would be ace if you could use a blackberry pin with an iphone one or something to that effect.

I've just downloaded that out of curiosity from your post. Not had the opportunity to see it in action yet, but when I do, I shall post what it's like.

Archived