iPhone Apps

NEWM

• Paid Members
I almost feel bollocked by Triple A in that post above, apologies for missing that one! But cheers for the tips all the same. Likewise to the rest of you. A poster above made mention of a wrestling one as well. Obviously she wouldn't give a shit, but when I nick it for a cheeky piss about is there a wrestling/football one thats really super-brilliant, or are they all just abbreviated versions of websites?

The Pro wrestling.net one is quality. It has a main page that has all the news but then it also splits it into WWE, TNA, ROH etc etc. I dont think its different if you are a member, as there is no option to "sign in" or anything. They seem to review every show, albeit briefly, but its great to have a quick five minute look through. Ive tried the F4W and Torch ones and they dont compare, they also are limited if you are not a member to their respective sites.

Like everybody else is saying Angry Birds will be the best 59p you ever spend.

Speaking of apps...

A friend of mine says that there is a new app called 'hello' which is like a blackberry in that it gives you a pin and lets you text for free.

I know there's loads of similar ones you can get (which seem more like a web messenger) but wasn't sure if this was good or if there is anything that is really worth getting, I have got a version but didn't really impress me, would be ace if you could use a blackberry pin with an iphone one or something to that effect.

I use Whatsapp and it's really pretty good. It struggles when you don't have a good 3G signal but then I guess all similar apps will be the same.

It doesn't use pins or user names or anything, if anyone else in your phone book has it then they are added to whatsapp to message.

• 9 months later...
It works on Wi-Fi if available, 3G phone network if not. iPhone plans all include "unlimited" data, though as a rough rule O2 gets a bit antsy if you exceed 5GB a month.

They used to. Anyone taking a new contract/upgrade from about september last year has a data cap with o2 from 500mb to a gig. Three are the only network that offer unlimited data now I believe.

Free unlimited wifi on BT openzone helps though, they're everywhere.

Cut the rope is a nifty little game.

Truelad app is awesome, I update almost daily and read when bored which you can do offline which is cool.

Solitaire is a must..and I play Monopoly alot as well.

Last one, iHobo, check it out...nothing long lasting but might take up a week of your life.

Archived