Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

so, to bring this topic a bit back to it's roots instead of following the "review" route of books that already exist, here's another one of my squables :)

i'd love to have more english books dedicated to lucha libre or masked wrestlers in general, i'm big into lucha libre and i always had, and have, this fasination with masked wrestlers,and surely theres been enough phenomenal masked wrestlers that would have loads of stories to tell.

i own mondo lucha a go go,which is on of the few decent books dedicated to lucha libre and it covers the whole lucha scene in a nutshell, who the biggest stars are and a bit of their background, how lucha became what it is, the tradition of the masks ,the rules, lucha in pop culture such as films....i really enjoyed reading it and it has fantastic photographs in it as well, i would kill to have more books like that.

Now, if were talking books dedicated to a specific wrestler i'd say a jushin liger book would be insane, as would a nook about hayabusa.

Also, a book about the Tiger mask legacy covering all diffrent versions/wrestlers and their background and influence, or if that's to much to ask, i'd settle for just a big dedicated book on sayama, the original tiger mask. ( and before anyone points it out yes i know there's quite a bit tiger mask stories in other books such as dynamites but i want more lol )

Another one that springs to mind is Ultimo dragon, the man has been everywhere in the world, all the big companys and a true legend despite being f*cked over in his wwe run, i'd love to read a bio on him covering his life.

Bring on the mask wrestlers books i sayeth.

The thing is with wrestling books, and autobiographies in general, is that it's not really what the person did that matters but how they write about it.

That's why Foley, Jericho and Bret's books are so great whereas Austin and the Rocks (both ghost written I believe) were terrible.

The thing is with wrestling books, and autobiographies in general, is that it's not really what the person did that matters but how they write about it.

That's why Foley, Jericho and Bret's books are so great whereas Austin and the Rocks (both ghost written I believe) were terrible.

I don't neccessarily agree with this. As much as Rock's book is no Foley or Hart tome, if you take it for what it is, it's a good 'story' of Rocks early WWE career.

Sorry if it's been posted already in here already but I'd love a book soley dedicated to some wild road stories and other could-only-have-happened-in-wrestling tales.

WWE have two of those books out, though they're probably not very wild. More along the lines of "lol my luggage got lost" and "lol Andre was too fat for Japanese hotels" stuff than the stories of arse-raping underage groupies you might be (and I'm definitely) hoping to hear one day.

Sorry if it's been posted already in here already but I'd love a book soley dedicated to some wild road stories and other could-only-have-happened-in-wrestling tales.

WWE have two of those books out, though they're probably not very wild. More along the lines of "lol my luggage got lost" and "lol Andre was too fat for Japanese hotels" stuff than the stories of arse-raping underage groupies you might be (and I'm definitely) hoping to hear one day.

Yeah, it's the latter I'm after!

I suppose a load of them wouldn't be able to be published for legal reasons, but I'd love to hear some of the crazy shit that's gone down over the years.

• Paid Members

WWE had one out ages ago mate!

mightbe worth googling as i cant remeber the name, although i do own it myself. Just a bunch of random stories from the wrestlers being on the road. its called Are we there yet? or something liek that.

Its ok, not amazing, but some comedy/random al snow stories in there.

I'm about a quarter of the way through Jericho's book, and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed so far. Don't get me wrong, it is entertaining and well written, but so far contains too much for my liking about Fozzy and the music side of things, and not enough about wrestling. Obviously these are only my preferences and others may not be bothered about this, but for those who are expecting a pure wrestling book, it isn't shaping up like that so far....

I'm about a quarter of the way through Jericho's book, and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed so far. Don't get me wrong, it is entertaining and well written, but so far contains too much for my liking about Fozzy and the music side of things, and not enough about wrestling. Obviously these are only my preferences and others may not be bothered about this, but for those who are expecting a pure wrestling book, it isn't shaping up like that so far....

It was never intended to be a "pure wrestling book" - it's an autobiography of his entire life, and as such he will talk about other things he did before/during his wrestling career.

It was never intended to be a "pure wrestling book" - it's an autobiography of his entire life, and as such he will talk about other things he did before/during his wrestling career.

I never said it was - hence saying these are my tastes, and that others might not be bothered by my gripes. However, I'm sure there are others out there, especially following the first book, who would buy the book expecting it to be a wrestling one, and if so, I'm giving them a heads up that it's not entirely the case.

Thinking I might pick up Jericho's. Not read a wrestling book for a while, last one I read was Bisch's.. Good read it was too..

Somewhat amusingly, my first ever wrestling book was "You Grunt, I'll Groan" by Jackie "MR Tv" Paollo. still have this book. It cost me

who needs romance when you have wrestling! woke up today to a delivery of Undisputed, countdown to lockdown and rumble road. just finished Jerichos, and is a good read, especially sections on his first few months in wwe, his mums death and Benoit.