Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

Surprised it took so long for Dynamite's book to come up, cracking read but you do get the impression he thinks he was the toughest guy in the world.

High recommendation for "The Wrestling" fantastic book about the British scene and interesting to see how the "WOSers" viewed the industry then and now

Also if you want a quick read Arn Anderson's book is easy to read but ok

Jesus, don't know how I missed Dynamites book! I'm off to Waterstones!

Just finished reading The Death of WCW and fucking loved it. I know it's a VERY different piece of work, but I enjoyed The Wrestlecrap Book of Lists. It's a good book to have in the bathroom as it's designed to just be browsed through.

Reading Bret Hart's book at the moment, though I took a break yesterday for the new PowerSlam.

I'm not all that arsed about Bret's early years, but I bet Hitman will get very good indeed when the WWF comes calling...

You didn't enjoy reading about his brothers pissing in his face? :omg:

• Paid Members

Reading Piper's book at the moment, great stuff. Just up to the point where he talks about wrestling a bear, unbeknownst to him before he went out some cunt slapped a big slab of honey on his arse so the bear keeps trying to get his head up his trunks, buy the book it's much funnier there, im shit with words.

Tattooed Gooner, I read the Broken Harts book, certainly different from all the WWE bios I agree. I think my fave is Dynamite Kids book, very interesting, along with Brets. I quite liked Kurt Angles one, but found the second Foley one and the Rocks quite poor. The wrestling by Simon Garfield was very good, as was the first wrestling book I ever read, You Grunt and I'll Groan by Jackie Pallo.

• 2 weeks later...
Stupid double post.

I'm going to take advantage of this though and ask has anyone ever read Arn Anderson's book?

Yeah - its an ok read, written a bit "keyfabe' and could probably read it in a couple of hours but its a decent book. Wanna buy my copy????

Edited by Sheffbag

I bought Dutch Mantell's book, came the other day but when I tried to read it all the pages started falling out. I've got a replacement coming, so hopefully it won't be the same. Book seems decent enough but more a series of stories or topics than an autobiography.