Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

There's no logical reason why McGeary should be losing to 2015 Tito Ortiz. I'll be amazed if he does. This is just Coker building McGeary up by giving him a name to roll over. I'd give Tito no more than a very slim punchers chance.

Love this card though. The MMA/Kickboxing mixed shows don't always work that well in practice but I love that Coker's willing to at least give it a bash.

• Paid Members

I think so. Tito made it quite clear that it was about one last run. I could see perhaps taking a big feud type fight if he loses like a Kimbo fight or something, but i don't see Tito dropping down and fighting other's on the Bellator roster. That 205lb division is picking up steam, i don't see Tito wanting to mix in that company. Even if Tito somehow wins Saturday i don't fancy his chances against any of the guys in 4 man Tournament.

The only shot i give to Tito Saturday really is it's a Bader/Schlemenko situation where Tito lands a good shot or catches McGeary early in a submission. You could put a case forward for Tito putting in a classic ground and pound performance from the guard, but when was the last time Tito put in one of those performances? McGeary is active as hell off his back too so i don't see Tito of 2015 having much success there. McGeary really should have too much for him everywhere.

Who does people fancy for the Tournament? I think the safe money is on there being a Phil Davis/King Mo final, it's a bit of a coin flip tournament though.

There's plenty of pre-fight interviews and hype related stuff over on the official Bellator youtube channel. MMA Fighting are there too so they have their usual pre-fight interviews, always like it when they branch out and do shows outside the UFC, really does give it more of a big time feel for me.

Edited by Ebb

I caught the arse end of BAMMA 22 on Spike last night. it was kind of annoying where you had the commentators going on about how exciting the fights were and how close they were, but both of the fights I saw were just dull. The did announce that Bellator's Dynamite show is going to be on next Saturday at 10pm.

The actual MMA promotions over here are having a tough time IMO. None of them appear to have a TV deal. Excluding BAMMA's who seemingly get little to non-promotion for their shows, poor quality production for such a channel and really irregular time patterns. It's not even like you know there's another event this time next month sort of thing. Realistically though Saturday's a shit night for fight's without any build over here to, people go out or are watching La Liga football followed by Match Of The Day - A fight between two nobody's has little interest other than from the diehard fans. 

They should either pack it in and give up on it or throw some money at producing and airing a few build-up shows during the week similar to how Bellator/UFC do. But then again IMO they just don't have the fighter's either as anyone who's got a bit of a reputation over here seems to land a deal in one of the big three out in the states or head's over to Asia. 

• Paid Members

UCMMA is still on TV.

Showcase TV (Sky 261) air both the main quarterly 'Ultimate Challenge' cards and the second tier 'Warrior Challenge' shows (seems to be on most Fridays at 9pm). You can even spot former UKFF regular King Slim in the judges seat on the latter.

I believe they also have programming on London Live (Sky 117 & Freeview 8 in the London area; manually tuneable on Sky in the rest of the country). Think it could be their Cage Fighter chat/interview/highlights show, but dunno.

I'm afraid it's still all "OOOO, SOMEONE'S GETTING BANGED AAAAARRRTT!!" (that's also the show's theme tune. I am not making this up) with rough-looking strippers draped all over the cage, but it's strangely sleazily enjoyable.

• Paid Members

Did anyone catch WSOF 23?

Gaethje and Palomino did it again. Sometimes rematches don't live up to the first fight but this was some fight. Just watch the thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=IUU7Cfuq7ig

Undercard wasn't bad either. Brian Foster's 30 second KO was brutal and there was this nifty scissor choke finish from Phoenix Jones as well;

w98gO.jpg

I've found WSOF a bit hot and cold all in all but this was their best show so far for me.

Only seen bits of the Bellator/GLORY Dynamite show so far. Can't say I'm in love with it. It's not bad, just nothing to write home about.