Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Ken vs Kimbo was alleged to be fixed based on fan speculation. I don't think any rumours surfaced from inside the sport (I.E - journalists, reporters, camps). Whether it was a "farce" due to its mere existence is another debate. I quite like these sort of fights. They're fun and harmless.

Jordan Breen made a point. Coker has built his promotions using a simple but effective formula. Namely, drawing eyeballs to watch his emerging talent by booking them on cards headlined by established talent (I.E - Kimbo, Ken, Royce). On this occasion, Michael Paige pulling out of this event has sadly negated that formula.  Bellator can only really sell their brand this evening, other than that it's a one night payoff (and a risky one at that if something fishy is going on).

I think we will see an honest fight between Kimbo and Dada this evening. Even if an agreement was in place to fix the fight, surely it will have to be called off. With the betting lines being closed, and rumours of the fight being fixed spreading over social media, the spotlight is too bright for tomfoolery. If anything appeared in the slightest bit pre-determined, the commission would have to jump all over it to appease the public backlash.

• Paid Members

With all the fix talk going about and remembering the utter farce that Kimbo/Shamrock was this surely can't be legal?

Are you on about the Bellator Kimbo vs Shamrock fight from last year or the original Kimbo vs Shamrock fight that was supposed to go down in EliteXC way back?

The EliteXC situation was definitely a farce and it's well documented. Wasn't so much that that fight was going to be 'fixed' in terms of one guy being asked to actually throw the fight. When Shamrock pulled out (after somehow cutting himself backstage on the night of the fight!), Gary Shaw allegedly offered to pay Seth Petruzelli to just stand with Kimbo. Seth would still have a chance to win (and as we know, he bloody did), but on paper it gave Kimbo the advantage. The dodgy thing with that was that from a betting standpoint, as a fan you'd fancy Seth by submission going in, so all the people who bet on that result would be shafted if Seth took the offer just to stand. Who knows what happened. Seth ended up knocking Kimbo out with a fucking jab but who knows if he accepted or would've accepted Shaw's shady offer. He won regardless. And the farce and aftermath of it ultimately killed EliteXC stone dead.

The actual Kimbo vs Shamrock fight in Bellator though, I don't think was fixed. I just think that's all those guys had left in 2015, in their 40s and after a fuckload of injuries. If it was a work, that KO punch Kimbo finished Ken with was a fucking liberty. He nearly took the bastard's head clean off. I've seen a few Shamrock fights which looked dodgy over the years but I don't know, I didn't get that feeling watching the Kimbo fight.

• Paid Members

Ken even had the nerve this week to say that he thought the fight was stopped early. That right hand he took was harsh, Ken was done.

Ahhh well fuck it. I'm really looking forward to tonight's show. It's captured the imagination going in regardless to how it plays out.

Roll on tomorrow...

• Paid Members

That Dada and Kimbo shite is the worst fucking 'fight' I've ever seen. I've seen more convincing Ian Beale and Phil Mitchell fights. I've never seen someone win a fight via Flair Flop finish before.

There must have been a betting scam going on surely? Kimbo in the 3rd round sounds like a big pay out.

Dada pulled a stretcher job. What a pro.  I couldn't tell if it was a case of both just being really shit, or whether Kimbo carried him for 3 rounds. Either way, fucking hell it was funny.

Edit: Christ, this card is the gift that keeps on giving. 

Edited by jimufctna24

Butch will love the Kimbo Dada fight, it was like the glory days of British Heavyweight Boxing. What was Shamrock on about with the groin strike? Nowhere fucking near.

He kneed him in the balls just before the kick. The first few replays missed it.
Yeah just rewatched it and fucking hell, right in the meat and two veg. Crazy Shamrock is brilliant, isn't he?

• Paid Members

Forgot this was last night and just went and spoiled it on twitter. Oh well. Was Kimbo vs The Black Rooster as bad as Shamrock vs Severn 2, Royce vs Shamrock 2 or Severn vs Kimo? Surely not? Surely? I'll watch it later.

Coker needs to sort out Kimbo vs Bob Sapp.

Edited by wandshogun09

Forgot this was last night and just went and spoiled it on twitter. Oh well. Was Kimbo vs The Black Rooster as bad as Shamrock vs Severn 2, Royce vs Shamrock 2 or Severn vs Kimo? Surely not? Surely? I'll watch it later.

It's the lowest standard I've ever seen in mainstream MMA.

It's the lowest standard I've ever seen in mainstream MMA.

Watch it be one of the most watched shows this year.

Rampage vs Kimbo?