Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Since I got copies of season four I have started to re-watch it in full rather than just picking fights hear and there (I really struggle trying to watch stuff on a computer), and in case anyone missed it first time round, I strongly recommend everyone checks out the Daniel Straus vs Nazareno Malegarie fight from Bellator 37. Doubt it will place or be remembered come end of the year when people talk about Fights of the Year, but this was tremendous, three rounds of non-stop action with neither man tiring.

Addditional recommendations from the first three shows in case anyone has not watched any of the season are Michael Chandler vs Marcin Held (goes less than four minutes but great), Razor Rob McCullough vs Patricky Freire and Wilson Reis' impressive domination of Zac George.

Brackets for the Season Five Welterweight Tournament have been announced. First round sees:

* Dan Hornbuckle vs Luis Santos

* Ben Saunders vs Rick Hawn

* Brent Weedman vs Chris Lozano

* Douglas Lima vs Steve Carl

Hawn is the pre-tournament favourite, though just like last year where he faced Jimmy Wallhead in the first round, disappointed that he is up against Saunders this time round. I wouldn't be so sure of him getting past 'Killa B', and Saunders would be an outside pick of taking this. I know nothing of Santos, but the guy has a 49-6-1 record, and I think Hornbuckle was on the wrong end of a bad decision against Weedman last season. I'll be interested to see how Lima does, and I can't see past him, Hawn or Saunders for this.

• Paid Members

i like it! i love how Bellator are carving their own roster. At the beginning, Hornbuckle/Askren were the only guy i really recognised in their WW tourney, now there's guys involved who were built through Bellator and im excited to see them fight. The addition of the odd name like Saunders and Lima just adds to the experience. I rather the way they are doing it, rather than filling the brackets with 8 different guys each year.

Early pick for the tournament? Douglas Lima.

• Paid Members

anyone else love how the Bellator guys are making noise about fighting Marquadt. It almost feels like Bellator fighters feel a little disrespected and are deciding to take matters into their own hands. Both the 170 and 185 champ are practically begging Marquadt to come in and fight them.

• Paid Members

Yeah I like it too. Can't blame em Nate's a big name free agent right now and they have a lot to gain by getting a fight with him. I hope Marquardt does goto Bellator. It would bring some name recognition to the company and him vs Lombard at 185 would be fun.

Horodecki's a good signing too. Usually always in good fights so he should fit in well there. Be interesting to see how he does. He looked like a beast in the IFL but he struggled with the WEC 155ers. This is a good chance for him to get some good fights, TV exposure and get back to winning ways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

absolute quality looking Bellator show tomorrow night for those who forget about this shit...

bellatorfightingchampioz.jpg

Marlon Sandro vs. Nazareno Malegarie (145lb Semi-Final)

Pat Curran vs. Ronnie Mann (145lb Semi-Final)

Neil Grove vs. Zak Jensen

Chris Horodecki vs. Chris Saunders

looking forward to all of that! I'd love to see Mann go on and win this.

• Paid Members

Yeah I've fallen behind a bit on my Bellator viewing the last 2 seasons.

I try to keep up and watch the important stuff and what I've seen has been really good but I find it hard to keep on top of. With so many shows in a short span on top of UFC viewing, Strikeforce and whatever other cards crop up and with work, girlfriend, family stuff there's just not enough hours in the day :( I need to get on top of my Bellator viewing soon. Might just get all the seasons and work my way through 'em.

Really like the look of tonights card. I think I might stay up if I can find a good stream. If not I'll find it tomorrow. Cracking card, every fight looks like a belter on paper.