The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

yeh, im not a fan of that. At a big show it's kinda cool cause it's a bit of a spectacle, but bands doing it any small ass show is just stupid. Slipknot did it first to my knowlegde. It's like the bastard wall of death.

A circle pit and wall of death at the Key Club in Leeds was something to behold.. Very odd.. Such a small venue.

Hope this fits but I've been rekindling my teenage fascination with the pudgy coke plate that is Marilyn Manson recently. Antichrist Superstar sounds a lot less imposing and Holy Wood is pretty much the Kerrang playlist but tucked in there lies Mechanical Animals which is still an incredible album.

A friend told me to check out his latest, Pale Emperor, so I did and it's pretty good. It seems to be the one where he's finally realised he's not Americas bogeyman anymore after 15 years of a few mediocre albums and it's all the better for it. Not metal at all, really, but like I said hope it fits!

The early, spooky punk stuff is still the best though. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

New Weezer album is out. It's great IMO. As luck has it I'm off to see them in Brixton Tuesday to!

I'm also going and I'm looking forward to hearing the album.

Do you know who is supporting them?

Dinosaur Pile Up :)

Christ almighty, I've not listened to Marilyn Manson in years. Echo the praise for Mechanical Animals from what I remember of it, but like I say it's been a while since hearing it. Portrait of an American Family was always my favourite though. Antichrist Superstar was always a bit overrated in my opinion. It's not bad by any means and certainly stood out when metal was in a strange period in the mid 90s, but it's certainly not what it was made out to be.

I recently re added the Type O Negative discography to my iPod too, who I feel never get the credit they deserve. The intro to 12 Black Rainbows will always be one of my favourite riffs

Can't find the Gig thread but Weezer was a lot of fun for the most part last night. Self-confirmed for Glasto/R&L which will be great if your going. New songs are good live but no one (Myself included) really knew them that well bar the odd chorus so part of the show was quite flat. The hit's when played where some of my favorite moments ever at a gig. 

I've seen Sum 41, Offspring and Weezer now in the last 8 months and all of them have delivered.