Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The only guys of any interest to me this year are the Kurupt FM lads.

 

Back on the subject of Nazis, Phil Anselmo has been a bit of a cock and saluted while shouting "White Power" on stage as some sort of an inside joke. What a bellend.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The only guys of any interest to me this year are the Kurupt FM lads.

 

 

Ditto. Parkway Drive were pretty decent at Download last year and I've heard good things about their new album.

 

The debut album by Milk Teeth, 'Vile Child' is absolutely tremendous. It's essentially a love letter to 90's grunge/alternative but without sounding derivative or cheesy. 2 vocalists but the girl takes most of the duties & she's fantastic. If you were ever a fan of Hole, The Pixies, Mudhoney, The Breeders etc then definitely get on it. I've listened to it every day this week & it's getting better each time.

Edited by Dead Mike
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

nice one Ralphy, i'll go have a listen. I never really listended to the last album though, i'll have to go back to it. I'll check out Milk Teeth Mike.

 

New American Head Charge tune popped up on spotify today as well.

Edited by Ebb
Posted

Just listening to Vitamins by Milk Teeth and yeah I'm digging this, and I've been getting back into Hole recently so cheers Mike. The visuals are a tad contrived, giving off that Tumblr 90's vibe more than the genuine thing but eh, as long as the music is good.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Milk Teeth threw a temper tantrum at Hevy. They were on real early on the second day and were annoyed that everyone was hungover and not jumping around the gaff. I like their style from what I heard but I'm not giving them the time of day now after that fiasco. Bunch of arseholes.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Off to watch Libertines tonight in Bournemouth. Looking forward to it minus the cunts that are likely to turn up.

 

Carl & Pete?

Posted

 

Off to watch Libertines tonight in Bournemouth. Looking forward to it minus the cunts that are likely to turn up.

 

Carl & Pete?

 

Actually think both guy's come across as decent human being's tbf. Each to our own.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The Anselmo thing was apparently an in joke referencing that everyone had been drinking white wine through the day. Bit of a daft thing to do, but this is Phil Anselmo we're talking about

Rob Flynn has released a video saying he was there and the wine thing is bullshit.

 

I'm on my phone so can't post it but you'll find it on the Machine Head Facebook page.

Flynn makes a lot of great points about the Metal community in general in it.

Posted

Skindred frontman Benji Webbe has his face slashed in a knife attack in his hometown of Newport, Wales.

 

The singer posted a picture of his injuries on his Facebook page, along with the caption: "Went to Iffy's party and ended getting slashed in the face and throat on the way home."

 

The photo – posted this morning – shows a large number of stitches and Webbe's face is also marked with other injuries from the assault.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeh the pictures are quite nasty, he could easily have been killed. Ironic considering the anti-knife crime songs Skindred have put out.

Edited by Ebb
Posted (edited)

Can't find the gig thread but Libretines were fun, think I've mentioned here before I have a disability so my legs can be achey at points and fine at others, Unfortunately I got pretty knackered going in and only lasted down the front 4/5 tracks.

 

Set list was shite and let them down IMO obviously a lot of the new album which admittedly I haven't listened to much, but half the set was a few new tracks, then an old one a few more new ones, till towards the end when they started banging out hit after hit, but the opening stuff just had the crowd going one minute and then a bit flat for a while. It just didn't flow well enough for me personally.

 

They had some poor bloke do poetry related to the band before they came on. He had coins thrown at him, beer and a "who the fucking hell are you" chants that at points drowned his poetry out. He was shit though.

 

Band sounded good, Pete and Carl are as tight as everyone claims they are and you can't deny there isn't something special about them both together.

Edited by seanz25
Posted

did they play dont look back into the sun? i cant even describe my love for that song

Course, finished the set with it, which I believe is new for them as they normally finish with I Get Along. Or so I've been told. Easily there best, such a great record.

Posted

Have been listening to Milk Teeth after the mentions in this thread, LOVE their sound. Just great stuff. Reminds me a lot of early Foo Fighters more than anything really. So thanks for that!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...