The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Very happy with that. Playing the Saturday, which is them playing after Behemoth which is a great pairing at the top

Obviously, there is some whinging going on over at the Bloodstock Forum, but it's just anther example of the festival's growth and the kind of act they can attract.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Machine Head have confirmed the 'An Evening With Machine Head' (I.e no support act) European tour for next year, the UK dates (tickets on sale on Friday) are:

Mar. 02 - Norwich - Open

Mar. 03 - Nottingham - Rock City

Mar. 05 - Belfast - Limelight

Mar. 06 - Dublin - Olympia

Mar. 08 - Manchester - Academy

Mar. 10 - Cardiff - Great Hall

Mar. 11 - London - Hammersmith Apollo

Mar. 12 - Glasgow – O2 Academy

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Next Bloodstock headliner will be announced on Friday morning on Metal Hammer's website. The Bloodstock forum have now got it in their mind that it's going to be Slayer but I've seen everything from Twisted Sister to to Nightwish to Killswitch Engage guessed at. There's a bunch that have had a strop about the Mastodon announcement , proper "they haven't had a decent album since *quickly looks up last album before signing with a decent sized label*" stuff

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

:laugh: i know the types.

It probably will be Slayer. Someone mentioned here after Bloodstock last year that someone had said there was a big hint of who one of the headliners would be near the bar, and near the bar was a huge Slayer billboard advertising the new record so i won't be shocked at that announcement.

• Paid Members

Mastodon are a great headliner, as close as you can get to pleasing everyone. Hope the last headliner is someone cool, I always hope it's going to be Danzig.

Speaking of Danzig he's finally released the track listing of his ridiculously long awaited covers album. Unfortunately I only know two songs but I can't wait to hear his cover of Rough Boy. I'm definitely going to do my homework on the other tracks before it comes out.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/danzig-skeletons-covers-ep-out-next-month-full-tracklisting-revealed

Been revisiting some old albums and forgot how stunning, absolutely stunning Relationship of Command by At The Drive In was. Arcarsenal, Pattern Against User, One Armed Scissor is probably the best start to an album.

Vaya is very good as well. So happy I got to see them live.

Also, forgot how great a couple of early 00s emo tunes were. Lukewarm by New End Original and Drive Away by Gratitude. Both absolute bangers, if you don't know them, search out.

Lastly anyone watched all the Indie shenanigans on BBC4 on Fridays? Indie Classics at the BBC and Great Riffs at the BBC, well worth seeking out.