The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Download announcement on Monday at 6pm. However, I'm more excited that 'The Old Firm Casuals' are looking like they're doing a UK tour in August to coincide with their appearance at Rebellion Fest in Blackpool. They've only announcement Bannermans in Edinburgh on Aug 20th thus far. Hoping for Manchester, L'Pool or Stoke.

• Paid Members

Reports from the Lamb of God tour have been universally positive, really looking forward to Sunday!

That 'Old Firm Casuals' tour I mentioned.........

Aug 11th - The Fleece, Bristol

Aug 12th - The Cavern, Exeter

Aug 14th - The Hairy Dog, Derby

Aug 15th - Venue tbc, London

Aug 18th - Star & Garter, Manchester

Aug 20th - Bannermans, Edinburgh

Aug 21st - Audio, Glasgow

Aug 24th - Thomas House, Dublin

These are the dates I've found thus far but it looks pretty extensive so there's probably more to come. I'll be at Manchester at least, as a massive Rancid fan the thought of seeing Lars Frederikson in a tiny room above a pub makes me rock hard.

• Paid Members

new tune from The Haunted, first to feature Marco Aro who rejoined on vocals last year...great stuff, i always preferred Aro straight forward hardcore style vocals to Dolving's experimental stuff. Need to see them this year.

Not sure if there are any Slowdive fans here but it looks as if they are going to reform in 8 days, there's a new band twitter with all the members official twitters following and they've been counting down the days with Y2J-like cryptic numbers to something. Along with Joy Division and MBV they're the greatest rock band ever in my eyes.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

anyone else goto the Kataklysm/Krisiun/Fleshgod Apocalypse tour? bit of an international affair, i went to the Bristol show last Saturday and it was quality. Fleshgod Apocalypse were decent but not really my kind of thing, they drew a big crowd but im never really into death metal bands that add synth's and operatic style vocals, it just aint my bag. Krisiun are about as straight up and old school death metal band you can get, great straight forward death metal.

But Kataklysm just blew the fucking roof off. Whereas Krisiun are strictly death metal, Kataklysm have a much more hook laden approach to the genre, the sound was stella and it was just fucking brilliant. It was my first gig of the year but it'll take something pretty special to top it.

Anyone else make a show?