The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

It appeals to me becasue every time I've seen them they've never played 'Fade To Black', so they would be my only choice.

Its an odd concept because if they're just going to tally up the songs that get voted for, it'll be either a glorified greatest hits set or songs upto 1991 when the Black Album came out, and then nothing from Load-St Anger gets a look-in because its cool to hate those albums

Soulfly are returning to the UK!

Catch Max and the boys on the following dates:

Mon 24th Feb - CAMBRIDGE Junction

Tue 25th Feb - BIRMINGHAM O2 Academy

Wed 26th Feb - MANCHESTER Sound Control

Thu 27th Feb - GLASGOW Garage

Fri 28th Feb - NOTTINGHAM Rock City

Sat 1st Mar - LONDON O2 Islington Academy

Sun 2nd Mar - BRISTOL Fleece

Mon 3rd Mar - SOUTHAMPTON Talking Heads

Tickets go on sale from 9am Wednesday 4th November and are available at the following ticket links: www.ticketweb.co.uk (London & Birmingham),

www.greenmind.co.uk (Cambridge),

www.seetickets.com (Manchester, Bristol, Southampton),

www.alt-tickets.co.uk (Nottingham)

www.gigsinscotland.com (Glasgow).

Latest Soulfly album Savages is out now via Nuclear Blast

Not before I heard 'Bad Seed'

If we can get 'House That Jack Built' and 'Carpe Diem Baby' in, I'm there..

im not even joking now, if Hetfield brought his acoustic out and played 'Mama Said', id be a happy camper right there

Scrap the requests, just do Load/Reload. People power.

I really don't get the hate for Load and Re-Load, two of my favorite albums of all time, I recently met an American who had the typical attitude that after And Justice for all Metallica sucked, when I pushed as to why and how he couldn't at least appreciate some of the work on Load/Re-Load he just kept shaking his head.

The attitudes in metal really annoy me at times, like when bands like Killswitch, Hate Breed and Trivium are loved until they get too popular, or Korn never had a good album after the first, stupid hipster shit!

I really don't get the hate for Load and Re-Load, two of my favorite albums of all time, I recently met an American who had the typical attitude that after And Justice for all Metallica sucked, when I pushed as to why and how he couldn't at least appreciate some of the work on Load/Re-Load he just kept shaking his head.

The attitudes in metal really annoy me at times, like when bands like Killswitch, Hate Breed and Trivium are loved until they get too popular, or Korn never had a good album after the first, stupid hipster shit!

Of the two, I think Load is a much better album. Reload has moments, but is definitely the worse of the two.

And like you say, its typical hipster shit. "Death Magnetics shit, the new Gorgoroth albums miles better!" fuck off poser.

The ones, and this particular to Metallica, who really annoy me are people ten years younger than me (I'm 29) with RIP Cliff signs.

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

Why not Dying Fetus?

I recently read Mick Wall's Metallica biography and he rips Reload a new one in that book. ...And Justice For All gets a bashing too, i always presumed that was considered one of the Metallica's 'classic' albums, but it appears that's not the case.