Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Whilst I'm not a 5FDP fan, I do find their stage show quite enjoyable, having seen them twice at DL 09 and 10, they were very energetic both times. I don't know if they've actually released any new material since then or what any of it is like and I'm sure if they have it's not breaking any new ground. They're a good mid level main stage band, by which I mean they're fine to watch at 4 in the afternoon, but I wouldn't want them to headline a second stage.

Posted
Whilst I'm not a 5FDP fan, I do find their stage show quite enjoyable, having seen them twice at DL 09 and 10, they were very energetic both times. I don't know if they've actually released any new material since then or what any of it is like and I'm sure if they have it's not breaking any new ground. They're a good mid level main stage band, by which I mean they're fine to watch at 4 in the afternoon, but I wouldn't want them to headline a second stage.

 

Since 2010, they have had American Capitalist (2011), The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side of Hell Vol.1 (July 2013) and Vol.2 (out November 19th 2013).

  • Paid Members
Posted

I had that free 5FDP 'best of' cd with Metal Hammer last month, i spun it in the car a few times and it's probably the only time ive really listened to them...it aint bad, there are elements of the music i like and i can see why they have a fan base, but any time Ivan Moody decides to sing i just wanna reach for the skip button.

Posted
I had that free 5FDP 'best of' cd with Metal Hammer last month, i spun it in the car a few times and it's probably the only time ive really listened to them...it aint bad, there are elements of the music i like and i can see why they have a fan base, but any time Ivan Moody decides to sing i just wanna reach for the skip button.

I just can't stand them, total paint by numbers metal band. They are almost as bad on the paint by numbers scale as Devil Driver.

 

With both, its truly like someone wrote down a description of a Metal band and sent them out into the world. Worse, the idiot guitarist (I want to say he was the guy from Motorgrater) still dresses like he's attending a 2001 Coal Chamber show in California.

  • Paid Members
Posted

hahaha, nice Jim...i like Devildriver though :confused:

 

anyone hear a fan of Sepultura post-Max? considering it's been like 16 years since he left the band it's kind of ridiculous that people are still hung up on it but for me they are most underrated band in metal, consistently putting out more interesting and stronger material than Max's Soulfly (who im also a fan of). They've put out another belting album this year that people will no doubt just ignore and i read another frustrating review in this month's Metal Hammer...it points out that it's not as good as the Max-era stuff but is the best album since he left. Now being a guy who's followed Sepultura closely since Max's departure i can pretty much confirm that every review ive read for each album since Max's departure has bascically said the same think. I genuinely think the people they have reviewing these albums haven't heard any of the other material.

 

Regardless, get on post-Max Sepultura material, it's fucking ace.

Posted (edited)

Its jock-metal personified. Its metal for people who think they're hardnuts, cos your not metal unless you do CIRCLEPITZ~!

 

Not heard the new Sepultura yet.

Im currently spinning Rosetta's latest, The Anaesthete. If you like Neurosis, Isis et al, you'll enjoy it

Edited by KingOfMetal
  • Paid Members
Posted
Its jock-metal personified. Its metal for people who think they're hardnuts, cos your not metal unless you do CIRCLEPITZ~!

:laugh: spot on. They are still a fun band to see live though :thumbsup:

Posted
hahaha, nice Jim...i like Devildriver though :confused:

 

anyone hear a fan of Sepultura post-Max? considering it's been like 16 years since he left the band it's kind of ridiculous that people are still hung up on it but for me they are most underrated band in metal, consistently putting out more interesting and stronger material than Max's Soulfly (who im also a fan of). They've put out another belting album this year that people will no doubt just ignore and i read another frustrating review in this month's Metal Hammer...it points out that it's not as good as the Max-era stuff but is the best album since he left. Now being a guy who's followed Sepultura closely since Max's departure i can pretty much confirm that every review ive read for each album since Max's departure has bascically said the same think. I genuinely think the people they have reviewing these albums haven't heard any of the other material.

 

Regardless, get on post-Max Sepultura material, it's fucking ace.

 

Picked up on the last few Seps albums quite recently after going awol after Roorback. Tbh cant see what the hoo ha is all about about it being post-Max. I read somewhere that Derrick has been in the band longer than Max ever was. The albums have generally been great and the concepts have worked a treat. It's win win. Im hoping the new one is great, and when I get a chance will pick it up

  • Paid Members
Posted
hahaha, nice Jim...i like Devildriver though :confused:

 

anyone hear a fan of Sepultura post-Max? considering it's been like 16 years since he left the band it's kind of ridiculous that people are still hung up on it but for me they are most underrated band in metal, consistently putting out more interesting and stronger material than Max's Soulfly (who im also a fan of). They've put out another belting album this year that people will no doubt just ignore and i read another frustrating review in this month's Metal Hammer...it points out that it's not as good as the Max-era stuff but is the best album since he left. Now being a guy who's followed Sepultura closely since Max's departure i can pretty much confirm that every review ive read for each album since Max's departure has bascically said the same think. I genuinely think the people they have reviewing these albums haven't heard any of the other material.

 

Regardless, get on post-Max Sepultura material, it's fucking ace.

 

Picked up on the last few Seps albums quite recently after going awol after Roorback. Tbh cant see what the hoo ha is all about about it being post-Max. I read somewhere that Derrick has been in the band longer than Max ever was. The albums have generally been great and the concepts have worked a treat. It's win win. Im hoping the new one is great, and when I get a chance will pick it up

yeh, the newest album is the 7th since Max's departure. I can kind of seeing why people would be turned off because when a band loses it's primary song writer you can't blame fans for being sceptical, but the proof is in the listening. I think you basically got with Soulfly's debut album the true follow up to Roots but Sepultura have gone on their own path and it just sucks that so many people won't even give them a chance.

Posted
Any real standout tracks to check out from post Max Sepultura? I'm intrigued, but haven't really heard anything from therm since Soulfly started.

 

 

Erm, loads im sure lots of people will disagree with me but

 

 

 

 

 

City of Dis

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...