Merzbow Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 http://pitchfork.com/advance/269-memorial/ The new Russian Circles album is streaming, I imagine this is about to be bummed by the "hipster metal" fraternity and for good reason. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 My friend has dropped of this weekends trip to Damnation Festival, so I have a spare ticket available if anyone is interested Quote
Whiskey_Jim Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 Killswitch and Trivium are being supported by Miss May I on the upcoming tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce another support too. Quote
RancidPunx Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 Is Ronnie Radke a complete tool or does he have anything musically to back up his talk? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 28, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted October 28, 2013 tool as far as i can tell. Quote
Whiskey_Jim Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 tool as far as i can tell. This. Utter cunt. Paradise Lost have announced their 25th anniversary tour with support from Lacuna Coil and Katatonia, with a K and not a C......... YOU GIVE ME HERRRRRRROAD HERRRRRRAEDGE Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted October 30, 2013 Paid Members Posted October 30, 2013 Has anyone else heard thwe new album 'Severance' by 'Heart of a Coward' yet? It been available for a few days & is excellent! It's early days as I've only listened to it about 3 times but it's likely going to be my favourite British metal album of the year. If you've heard their previous release it's a bit less proggy, less varying time structures and more straight up ragers. It's absolutely brutal & at times reminiscent of Slipknot at their heaviest. I saw them this summer in Manchester & they were tremendous. Just booked to see them again in a couple of weeks. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 30, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted October 30, 2013 I'll check it out Mike. ....off the point but i wanna say if, Spotify is like the worlds greatest invention as far as music goes isnt it? I go off down the related artitsts links on there and find all sorts of weird and wonderful shit. Quote
Professor Paul's Bin Posted October 30, 2013 Posted October 30, 2013 There's a website called Spotimy which is great to see what they're uploading on a weekly basis on Spotify. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted October 30, 2013 Posted October 30, 2013 Has anyone else heard thwe new album 'Severance' by 'Heart of a Coward' yet? It been available for a few days & is excellent! It's early days as I've only listened to it about 3 times but it's likely going to be my favourite British metal album of the year. If you've heard their previous release it's a bit less proggy, less varying time structures and more straight up ragers. It's absolutely brutal & at times reminiscent of Slipknot at their heaviest. I saw them this summer in Manchester & they were tremendous. Just booked to see them again in a couple of weeks. Haven't heard it yet myself, but have heard great things about it. Quote
thefallenangel Posted November 1, 2013 Posted November 1, 2013 All 3 Donington Headliners and subs being announced next week. Awesomeness Quote
KingOfMetal Posted November 1, 2013 Posted November 1, 2013 All 3 Donington Headliners and subs being announced next week. Awesomeness Like we've said before, I'm pretty sure that Avenged Sevenfold are a sure-thing for Donnington. Genuinely don't know who they're going to go with for the other two though. So long as they don't go with Def Leppard again. Having said all that I think I'm going to skip Download next year and put all my focus on Wacken in 2015 Announcing all your big acts in one go is a risky way to go. They did it this time last year when they announced all 3 headliners in the same week, which then meant that every name that got announced afterwards was not going to be as them, thus meaning that each announcement was a bit of a letdown Quote
Whiskey_Jim Posted November 2, 2013 Posted November 2, 2013 The Beards are over in February and March Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted November 2, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted November 2, 2013 im awaiting the 'Avenged Sevenfold?! fuck off!!!' from the stuck up types that refuse to accept that a newer band can raise to that level. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted November 2, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2013 Don't think it's anything to do with people being stuck up, just that many, myself included don't think A7X are the band to do it. Festivals aren't selling out as much anymore & are having to put on bigger line-ups, R&L these year had acts that could arguably headline Download (SOAD & NIN) as subs! I can totally appreciate why people wouldn't be thrilled with seeing someone like Avenged as the headline act. That's all without mentioning the quality of their live performances. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.