The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I saw them in 05. I seem to remember they were on early, were pretty good and played Rain, which is like the only tune of theirs I like. I don't really see the point of it either but I guess it's cool for their fans if they get there in good time. I guess with pretty much the same rotation of bands being booked they're trying to throw in this kind of gimmick and bands playing full albums.

• Paid Members

I think Trivium playing the Red Bull tent is pretty cool tbh. They played mainstage in 2012 so for a recent repeat booking having them do this gimmick freshens it up a bit for the regular attendees. Not sure if I'll be there or not next year but having The Offspring as an alternative to Avenged Sevenfold has definitely piqued my interest. Rumours that they'll play 'Smash' all the way through as part of it's 20th anniversary (man that makes me feel old).

I've got it on good authority that Soni have got Metallica & Maiden. Not sure on the 3rd headliner yet though.

I think Trivium playing the Red Bull tent is pretty cool tbh. They played mainstage in 2012 so for a recent repeat booking having them do this gimmick freshens it up a bit for the regular attendees. Not sure if I'll be there or not next year but having The Offspring as an alternative to Avenged Sevenfold has definitely piqued my interest. Rumours that they'll play 'Smash' all the way through as part of it's 20th anniversary (man that makes me feel old).

I've got it on good authority that Soni have got Metallica & Maiden. Not sure on the 3rd headliner yet though.

Sonisphere like Metallica don't they? Good thing I like Metallica too. Offspring doing Smash I'd definitely like to see, I'd definitely watch them if I was there. Still only planning on a Sunday ticket so far.

Sonisphere like Metallica don't they? Good thing I like Metallica too. Offspring doing Smash I'd definitely like to see, I'd definitely watch them if I was there. Still only planning on a Sunday ticket so far.

I called Metallica last week because of how much of boner for Metallica Soni' seem to have

So this new Sepultura Album, The Mediator Between The Head and The Hands Must be The Heart, is pretty fantastic! It's good mix of old pre Chaos A D riffs, Roorback style heaviness and some cracking guitar work. 'Tsunami', Bliss of The Ignorants' and 'Grief' are a stand out middle section, with 'Bliss of the Ignorants' probably being best track on the album, starting with 'Rahamatta' vibes and then going over the whole gamut of Sepultura.

If I had a complaint it would be the new drummer, who's clearly learning his trade as some of the symbol choices sound out of kilter and horribly tinny on some tracks. Aside from that. Fabtastic stuff, even a clearly indie riff in the Chico Science cover,' Da Lama Au Caos', sounds like Wonder Stuff Dizzy to start with :)

Metallica have announced two more European festival dates in June. Their dates are now as follows:

June 4th - Sonisphere (Hamburg)

June 6th - Rock Im Ring

June 8th - Rock Am Ring

June 9th - Pinkpop

July 3rd - Rock Werchter

With todays Sonisphere UK announced coming at 5:30, I would fully expect them to be confirmed for that too as a few of us suggested last week

Edited by KingOfMetal

Iron Maiden & Metallica confirmed for Sonisphere UK, doing their '...By Request' set:

Fans who purchase tickets online will be invited to vote on the set list Metallica will play at the show – giving them the chance to help build their dream set list from 30+ years of Metallica’s material and close to 140 recorded songs to date. Metallica’s traditional 18-song set will include the 17 top voted songs and, as the band did not want to be left out of the fun, they get to vote for the 18th slot, which will be a brand new song! Fans will be able to visit www.metallica.com to see what songs fellow fans are voting for and the results of their specific shows.

Every ticket buyer will be issued a code in the next few weeks and can log their votes at Metallica.com

http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/metallica-by-request/

Edited by KingOfMetal