The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

The Biffy/Slash gig tomorrow was only £10 in total, no booking fees or anything. Not shabby so I thought I'd go. May stay for Biffy and see what they're like live (only if I get made to stay), but I think I saw them at Download before Soundgarden and wasn't impressed. Maybe it was them, I can't remember.

Biffy subbed for Metallica last time they played which was the Saturday, and Megadeth played before Soundgarden the following day

The new Machine Head album is streaming in full on the bands youtube channel. Follow the link from metal hammer - http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-05/machine-head-stream-bloodstone-diamonds-in-full

Edited by WyattSheepMask

yeh that's what i mean about forging a career from a one song. I'm not saying there isn't a lot of proper Drowning Pool fans but everytime they play live i don't think it would be wrong to say that 50-75% of the audience only know one song.

At a festival, possibly but a normal gig? Not a chance.

• Paid Members

The Biffy/Slash gig tomorrow was only £10 in total, no booking fees or anything. Not shabby so I thought I'd go. May stay for Biffy and see what they're like live (only if I get made to stay), but I think I saw them at Download before Soundgarden and wasn't impressed. Maybe it was them, I can't remember.

Biffy subbed for Metallica last time they played which was the Saturday, and Megadeth played before Soundgarden the following day

The new Machine Head album is streaming in full on the bands youtube channel. Follow the link from metal hammer - http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-05/machine-head-stream-bloodstone-diamonds-in-full

That will be it. To be fair, I'm sure I watched both Biffy and Megadeth from the same spot, haha! Looks like the people I'm going with want to stay for Biffy. So I'll make up my mind then.

• Paid Members

yeh that's what i mean about forging a career from a one song. I'm not saying there isn't a lot of proper Drowning Pool fans but everytime they play live i don't think it would be wrong to say that 50-75% of the audience only know one song.

At a festival, possibly but a normal gig? Not a chance.

i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, 75% might have been harsh but i'd definitely say 50%...and maybe one song was a bit off but as far as Soil goes i'd put a wager on it that the only album the majority of the crowd would know is Scars or just the singles off it.

There's lot of bands who find themselves in similar situations.

That's a world away from your original claim. You say you wouldn't be surprised then shift the goalposts so much they'd be in the next field?

I've seen a few bands that I've heard only one song, or even no songs but that's usually the case for a support act, or an unsigned band.

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd’s murder plot charge has been dropped – and his lawyer says it should never have been made in the first place.

He was arrested and bailed yesterday following a raid on his New Zealand home, and accused of attempting to procure the murders of two men, plus threatening to kill and possession of methamphetamine and cannabis.

It had been claimed he’d tried to hire a hitman to end the lives of two people. All three were named in court but could not be identified for legal reasons. But the most serious charge, which carried a potential prison sentence of up to 10 years, is now gone – although the threatening to kill charge could lead to a seven-year sentence if Rudd is found guilty.

Rudd’s legal rep Paul Mabey insists it would never have stood up in court, adding: “I was advised by Crown solicitor Greg Hollister-Jones that he had reviewed the police file and the available evidence to support the charge of attempting to procure murder. He had formed the view that there was insufficient evidence to justify that charge. He has now withdrawn the charge.

“It should never have been laid. The Crown solicitor’s opinion was not sought.”

Mabey describes the drug charges as "minor" and says his client will fight all three remaining accusations on his return to court on November 27. The 60-year-old had entered no plea during his first appearance at Tauranga District Court.

“The damage to Mr Rudd is incalculable," he continues. "Questions arise as to the degree of care taken by those responsible for arresting and charging him. My client suffered unnecessary and extremely damaging publicity as a result of widespread and sensational reporting of a very serious allegation, which on any basis was never justified.”

Last night AC/DC issued a statement saying they’d been unaware of any legal issues with the drummer until his arrest. They added: “Phil’s absence will not affect the release of our new album Rock Or Bust and upcoming tour next year.”

• Paid Members

That's a world away from your original claim. You say you wouldn't be surprised then shift the goalposts so much they'd be in the next field?

I've seen a few bands that I've heard only one song, or even no songs but that's usually the case for a support act, or an unsigned band.

not when you consider they are only drawing a few hundred punters to every show, 50-75% isn't that much of a difference in reference to what initially said :laugh:

• Paid Members

so Biffy played first tonight. I was really surprised with that being a gig in Glasgow and all. As I thoight. Didn't like them. Thought it was very self-indulgent. Most of it is just noise in my opinion apart from the riffs on Bubbles and Many Of Horror. Also I'll never forgive them for a big building intel they gave a song to go into the softest of shite. What's the point in building up a crowd like that to immediately drop them back down?

Slash was on top form. Probably the most I've enjoyed any of his gigs despite the short set time. Meant he didn't play Rocket Queen which was a bummer. But on the bright side. Meant we didn't get a 20 minute rendition of it with a 15 minute solo.

Gene Simmons tweeted (then deleted) a Download poster. Sunday - KISS, Motley Crue, Slash & Enter Shikari

http://www.thrashhits.com/2014/11/did-gene-simmons-just-accidentally-leak-a-download-festival-line-up-announcement/

Yeah I saw that announced for the Sunday. Think I might get myself a day ticket.

Bought myself tickets to see Linkin Park at the Manchester Arena which is in 11 days. Busy week that week got Gaslight, Seether, Courteeners and Linkin Park.