The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Fucking Hell; there are widespread media reports that following a stroke last year Malcolm Young requires full time care due to demantia like symptoms. Shit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2770126/Retiring-AC-DC-guitarist-Malcolm-Young-admitted-time-care-dementia-pulling-band-s-upcoming-tour.html

Edited by Hugh Thesz

• Paid Members

yeh man, it's a really good show. Basically Andy burning through 90 mins of Therapy? tunes, proper intimate little venues though with Andy telling stories between songs and whatnot, quality night out.

What a night it was. Hearing Evil Elvis and Potato Junkie acoustically was amazing.

Andy was an absolute gent at the end too - despite me behaving like I was a teenage girl meeting Olly Murs. :blush:

glad you enjoyed it :) its a top night out for a Therapy? fan.

Headed down to see Feeder frontman Grant Nicholas doing his solo bit in Cardiff monday.

Its mad how many of the 90's/00's bands i grew loving have had their frontmen go on solo jaunts...their all at it.

• 2 weeks later...

A Nickelback hater has launched a one-man campaign to have the band blocked from ever playing in London.

Craig Mandell has taken inspiration from the series of Foo Fighters crowdfunding pushes, and turned the idea on its head.

He’s hoping to raise $1000 for charity from anyone who agrees with him, and he’ll send an email to Nickelback’s management including the names of all his supporters.

Mandell says on his Don’t Let Nickel Back campaign page: “Following the recent crowdfunding of a Foo Fighters gig that did not exist, the Foo Fighters agreed to play the gig. We are attempting to ensure that Canadian ‘rockers’ Nickelback do not come to London to play a gig. With your help, we can ensure that the band do not schedule any gigs here, do not attempt to come here – nor even phone here.

“Just imagine: thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of music lovers, all not witnessing an exclusive concert by Nickelback in London. It will be glorious. Legendary. Dare we say, game changing?

“This campaign is not about personal profit. All proceeds will go to charity – or perhaps therapy for those who've been affected by the band.”

After a spoof Q&A he adds: “Quit asking questions and donate already. They're probably planning a gig as we speak!”

• Paid Members

Slipknot/Korn announce a UK tour for January:

Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena - 16

Glasgow, SSE Hydro - 18

Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena - 19

Manchester, Manchester Arena - 20

Liverpool, Echo Arena - 22

London, The SSE Arena, Wembley - 23

Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena - 24

Nottingham, Capital FM Arena - 26

Birmingham, Barclaycard Arena - 27

i'm not 100% sure if Korn are on the bill, they are touring with Slipknot in the US but certain news outlets are saying they'll be on the UK leg, others are saying they won't. If they are i'll be going.

Slipknot/Korn announce a UK tour for January:

Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena - 16

Glasgow, SSE Hydro - 18

Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena - 19

Manchester, Manchester Arena - 20

Liverpool, Echo Arena - 22

London, The SSE Arena, Wembley - 23

Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena - 24

Nottingham, Capital FM Arena - 26

Birmingham, Barclaycard Arena - 27

i'm not 100% sure if Korn are on the bill, they are touring with Slipknot in the US but certain news outlets are saying they'll be on the UK leg, others are saying they won't. If they are i'll be going.

Yes Korn are at all UK gigs. 2 presales (tomorrow and Wednesday),  tickets are £39.50 a throw.

Gonna try and nab some Slipknot tickets for Liverpool this morning. Fingers crossed!

Just seen they're doing VIP tickets around the region of £228. Christ!

Pretty standard for a band their level. I've already met Corey, so i'm not bothering with the VIP stuff. Annoyingly, the presale advertised for today is actually tomorrow for the UK.

• Paid Members

What do people think of the new Slipknot album? I’ve spun it a few times & overall it’s good but not great. I think it’s loads better than the last release (which I thought was overall poor) but still not reaching the heights of the first two albums. Sid Wilson’s scratching & sampling is much more prevalent on this though which I really like.

New Rancid album has also leaked & is great. 14 songs, 33 minutes! About 5 absolute bangers on there. If you already like them you’ll love this.

What do people think of the new Slipknot album?

I've really enjoyed it so far, just a good solid album. Definitely better than their last.

yeh presale is tomorrow, im gonna pick up Cardiff tickets. I imagine the whole tour will sell out, maybe not straight away but this is gonna be a pretty hot ticket.

Spoke to a guy about the tour, he's known about it for the past 2 months due to his job, but hasn't been able to say anything about it to anyone lol. He works a LOT of tours and he says the odds are this will sell out. So if anyone wants to be on the floor rather than seated, i'd get on that douible quick, as those will be the first to go. I'm expecting great things from this tour, should make for an awesome night out. I fully expect Slipknot to headline Sonisphere this year too, so we'll see if that happens.