The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Fuck Anselmo and the new Down tracks are laughably bad.

Not for the first time, you're completely wrong.

They're awful. Anyway, while they play in Brum i'll be down the road watching Ufomammut who are an infinitely better band within that doomy/sludgey genre. So glad that they are getting noticed as of late.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

anyone heard the new Vision of Disorder album? first since the reformantion...it fucking crushes, definitly one of my favorite albums of the year. I've been a fan since my school days when the band released the amazing Imprint album, always liked From Bliss to Devastation too but the new album just feels like the natural successor to Imprint, it's got that sound,

391206_4444523036901_2142697645_n.jpg

If you have any interest in hardcore music with a grunge influence, get it now (get Imprint as well).

Gaslight used to love a 'WHOA-OH' chorus, but its a habit that they've all but kicked on the new album.

These are my current favourites;

And, a ballad for those bleeding hearts amongst us;

But, yeah, I fucking love this band. They've got the punch and production of a contemporary hard rock band but Springsteen-esque material. It's ace. And, their lead guitarist is tight as hell. And the vocalists voice does funny things to me.

• Paid Members
Fuck Anselmo and the new Down tracks are laughably bad.

Not for the first time, you're completely wrong.

They're awful. Anyway, while they play in Brum i'll be down the road watching Ufomammut who are an infinitely better band within that doomy/sludgey genre. So glad that they are getting noticed as of late.

Ufomammut are absolutely fantastic. Granted, I only know Snailking but it's an incredible piece of work. Got to see them live at Hellfest this year and they met my lofty expectations. Crushing, powerful doom which sounds like the end of the world. For my money, they're certainly better than Down.

Probably not heavy enough for this thread but Gaslight Anthem are currently the greatest rock band on the planet. This is all.

They're amazing arn't they? Sink and Swim, The 59 Sound and American Slang were three of my favourite albums of all time. I was almost dreading Handwritten because I thought there was no way they could pull another cracking album out of the bag, but they did it. It's probably my favourite album of theirs now. I like how their lyrics are becoming more personal and heartfelt with every record they make. Mulholland Drive is my song of the year so far.