The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Yeh, Cerebral Bore are kinda' slammy, Brutal Death Metal from what I recall.

If you're into screamo (and I mean propper stuff, not haircore bullshit) Scotland has the likes of Mesa Verde (may have broken up tho) Kaddish and I think there's a newish band called Bonehouse who are meant to be quite good

Edited by lightningxlock

• Paid Members

anyone see that Metal Hammer are releasing Machine Head's new album as some kind of special edition fan pack. 15 bucks will get you the album, a Machine Head magazine and some other guff like a patch, stickers and a poster.

Pretty cool move though, obviously following on from Classic Rock selling Slash's album in similar fashion. Times are a changing and this is the kind of shit that needs to be done to get people to buy a record. I'm still a buyer of music (always will be) but i'll be honest when an album just comes bare-bones these days it doesn't really appeal to me, i like to see the extra dvd's and shit they give away.

I'll buy it.

• Paid Members

Was looking at this last night. I think you also get the 'special edition' of the album with a few bonus tracks & dvd. My only concern is ordering this & it not coming til' a week or so after the album's released?

I fucking love 'Locust' though. It took a couple of listens but now I've come to terms that this record isn't going to be The Blackening pt.2 I'm super-hyped for it.

If there are any members of any unsigned bands metal/rock bands on here looking for exposure on a syndicated rock radio show, please check out the link below:

http://www.therockshow.co.uk

Syndication figures are currently running up at around 13million worldwide, plus shedloads of downloads, etc. The show has had:

Ozzy

Nicko McBrain

Gus G

Neil Buchanan

Phil Anselmo

Chris Jericho

Oderus Urungus

Rudy Sarzo

Simon Wright

Udo Dirkschneider

Doro Pesch

PLUS many others besides.

Phoner interviews always welcome, studio visits very encouraged. At the very least you'll have a track played on the show ... ;)

anyone see that Metal Hammer are releasing Machine Head's new album as some kind of special edition fan pack. 15 bucks will get you the album, a Machine Head magazine and some other guff like a patch, stickers and a poster.

Pretty cool move though, obviously following on from Classic Rock selling Slash's album in similar fashion. Times are a changing and this is the kind of shit that needs to be done to get people to buy a record. I'm still a buyer of music (always will be) but i'll be honest when an album just comes bare-bones these days it doesn't really appeal to me, i like to see the extra dvd's and shit they give away.

I'll buy it.

Was looking at this last night. I think you also get the 'special edition' of the album with a few bonus tracks & dvd. My only concern is ordering this & it not coming til' a week or so after the album's released?

I fucking love 'Locust' though. It took a couple of listens but now I've come to terms that this record isn't going to be The Blackening pt.2 I'm super-hyped for it.

Was reading about this also. IIRC, everyone who pre-orders by August 15th gets their names printed on some kind of special edition poster that comes with the new album, which is pretty groovey I think. I'm looking forward to the new Machine Head album, since Phil Demmel came into the band, they've hardly put a foot wrong and have made good progress with each passing release. Only setback in my book was the hissyfit that Rob Flynn threw the other year about being below Limp Bizkit at Sonisphere (cancelled their appearance, only to then show up as the special guests, thus looking like a total bell-end).

Anyone heard the new Opeth track (The Devil's Orchid). Thoughts?

• Paid Members
Can anybody recommend me a good band from Scotland?

No point mentioning Nazareth, Alestorm, The Almighty, Holocaust and Korpse as I'm well aware of there existence.

I may be late to this but.....

Cancerous Womb

Daemonolith

Black Talon

Nerrus Kor

Askival

Falloch

Circle of Tyrants

Haar

Moonrape

Cnoc An Tursa

Ainshval

Achren

Vostok

are all some great bands/projects from up here.

• Paid Members
Im having a Dog Eat Dog phase at the mo' any fans or just another whiteboy horns rap combo that failed.

Getting Live, Isms, No Fronts and so on. Ive got their Donnington 96 gig on tape somewhere

That's a mental coincidence, I just listened to dog eat dog today for the first time in years, I just had an urge. A bit cheesy but a great summer band!

Can anybody recommend me a good band from Scotland?

No point mentioning Nazareth, Alestorm, The Almighty, Holocaust and Korpse as I'm well aware of there existence.

Attica Rage are another one, good shout on Cancerous Womb from Kendo, great live and tighter than a knats chuff.

• Paid Members
That's a mental coincidence, I just listened to dog eat dog today for the first time in years, I just had an urge. A bit cheesy but a great summer band!

that sums it up, they are just a fun band. I'd love to have seen them live, i bet they were fucking awesome. All Boro Kings is a great album, the polished up sound that came later never really did it for me although Play Games had some great tunes on it.