MMA: Past Fight Discussion

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Haha yeah don't get me wrong I wouldn't say no to Gina. But she's not what she's cracked up to be by most MMA fans I don't think. Just personal taste, she ain't got shit on Ronda. And I prefer Rachelle Leah, Arianny and Miesha over her too which I think most would disagree with.

She's nice but I think because she was the first woman fighter in MMA who was shagable (imo) people went a bit overly mental about her. It also made her look 100x hotter that she was constantly being pictured next to Cyborg.

• Paid Members

How did I forget Brittney, she's much better than Arianny in my book. Donald Cerrone used to practice his rodeo skills on her from what I've heard. Lucky bastard.

Danny Glover was the worst of the ring girls for me by far. I'm sure she's a nice girl but they're not hired for their personality are they. If they wanted a black girl they could've got much hotter than her.

Saw this on a Boxing forum recently, the name of the game is to list controversial opinions you have from the past in MMA. I will start.

- If Cro Cop would have fought Fedor in late 2006, he would have beaten him

- Fedor's prime was 2002-2005, his last great performance was against Cro Cop. Him vs Couture if it would have happened in 2007/2008 could have got either way. Lesnar would have beaten him in 2009.

No chance. Cro Cop in 2006 was no better than 2005. Fedor had his number. Hell, Josh Barnett was always better than Cro Cop and just didn't get the luck in 2 of his 3 fights.

Also, I think the Fedor that smashed Sylvia in 2008(?) was the last time we'd see him in his prime. I've only seen JDS throw as many punches as quickly as Fedor did that day. He looked trim, fast and embarrassed Sylvia long before Big Tim started to embarrass himself.

Mine would be:

Shogun circa. 2005 beats Liddell/W.Silva/Rampage and any other LHW in their primes.

Gomi in 2005 beats BJ Penn.

Brock beats Mir if they ever have a 3rd match.

Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin are nothing more than middle of the road fighters who will be forever over rated by the UFC.

If they fought around 2002-3 Sakuraba beats Matt Hughes.

Ricardo Arona would have been a beast at 205 if he'd have gone straight over and would have beaten most of the conteders.

Fedor would beat Henderson and Werdum in rematches if he would fight a bit cleverer. He wouldn't beat Big Foot though.

The PRIDE HW division is still better than the UFC could ever hope for.

Alistair Overeem is a cheat.

Chael Sonnen is a cheat.

I'd love to have Brittany Palmers babies.

Curry Angel: I have to respectfully disagree on a few points.

BJ would always beat Gomi, Gomi was a great lightweight at his peak but BJ was always that bit better. His boxing was crisper and more technical and on the ground he could submit any version of Gomi with ease.

As for Fedor, well Sylvia was never a elite Heavyweight, Fedor just wammed those looping punches and Tim had no answer, Brett Rodgers countered them later on, I do not count that win or his win over glass-jawered Arlovski as great performances. It is hard to say where Fedor's prime ended, I think it was around 2006 as he looked sub-par against Hunt is where the crack began to show, the Cro Cop who fought like he did in the open weight GP was a beast. I felt he would have Fedor if they would have fought straight after the GP like had been planned, one was motivated and at his peak and one was on the decline.

Fedor's two best wins were against Cro Cop and Big Nog. His legacy is justified by those two wins he was fantastic in those performances, he is as good as his fans say he was from 2002-2005, but people overlook how fast his decline was. Rogers and Arlovski both had him in trouble, the former almost finished him with GnP, neither were elite HW's.

I also believe the UFC HW class of today just edges Prides's at its peak, there is not much in it but they have a bit more depth. Lets not forget guys like Giant Silva. Ogawa and Henry Miller were in the 16 man GP's.

I can agree Saku would beat Hughes and Brock would beat Mir if they fight again.

Edited by jimufctna24

Has anyone got fight listings for any of the WEC Wrekcage series?

Wont be able to do it until tomorrow as I'm only on my phone right now, but I have the first three seasons (there were four) so will post the listings for those then.

Oh, and I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of appreciation for Edith Larente in all the ring girls talk!

• Paid Members

Big Nog is easily a better fighter in every aspect of his game than Frank Mir

I'll go.

If the ref had called the Carlos Newton / Matt Hughes fight right and given the win to Newton or called it a no contest Newton would have beaten Hughes in a rematch and had a good run as champion and would be much more highly regarded. Also Carlos Newton is fucking awesome.

Bonner did win the TUF final

Randy would only have beaten Fedor if they had fought in a cage.

If Frank Shamrock had stayed in UFC Chuck Liddel would have been exposed as the one dimensional fighter he was a lot earlier

Has anyone got fight listings for any of the WEC Wrekcage series?

WEC WREKCAGE SEASON ONE

Episode 1

Brian Stann vs Steve Cantwell (WEC 26)

John Alessio vs Carlos Condit (WEC 26)

Brock Larson vs Erik Apple (WEC 26)

Tiki Ghosn vs Dave Terrel (great finish, WEC 26)

Urijah Faber vs Joe Pearson (WEC 25)

Episode 2

Alex Karalexis vs Olaf Alfonso (WEC 25)

Micah Miller vs Jesse Moreng (WEC 26)

Rob McCullough vs Kit Cope (WEC 25)

Urijah Faber vs Dominick Cruz (WEC 26)

Episode 3

Sidney Silva vs Tom Speer (WEC 27)

Jason Miller vs Hiromitsu Miura (very good fight, WEC 27)

Sherron Leggett vs Charlie Kohler (WEC 27)

Doug Marshall vs Justin McElfresh (great KO, WEC 27)

Episode 4

Cub Swanson vs Tommy Lee (WEC 26)

Carlos Condit vs Kyle Jensen (WEC 25)

Eddie Wineland vs Chase Beebe (WEC 26)

Episode 5

Sergio Gomez vs Marcus Hicks (WEC 27)

Manny Tapia vs Brandon Foxworth (WEC 27)

Micah Miller vs Cub Swanson (WEC 28)

Episode 6

Charlie Valencia vs Brian Bowles (WEC 28)

John Alessio vs Brian Gassaway (WEC 25)

Justin McElfresh vs Steve Cantwell (WEC 29)

Richard Crunkilton vs Mike Joy (real nice D