DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

The most recent Rambo got treated similarly.

The recent Rambo was about 1h 15m! I couldn't believe it when watched it on Media player... That's a rubbish movie length... It's extended episode of something territory The Zatoichi-esque blood splatters were fail as well. Iam hoping the Expendables is win instead!

The recent Rambo was about 1h 15m!

It was just over 90 minutes long.

The version I watched from the start to the start of the credits roll at the Farm was 75 mins...

At just over 75 minutes (the closing credits last near 10 minutes)

the film itself was short (probably 75 minutes, if I was to guess)

A review in an Australian paper

http://www.theage.com.au/news/film-reviews...3467231883.html Check the bottom paragraph

Edited by patdfb

• Paid Members

Robocop 2 is pretty nasty. Definitely rivals the first one in terms of sheer brutality. What gets me is that it's more unsettling than out and out gory some of the time. Like when Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park dies in Robocop 2, that's horrendous. Sliced down the middle with a scalpel with people watching and having initially thought they were going to fix his busted neck. That's a scene that's always made me feel uncomfortable. Oh, and not seeing it and just hearing his screams makes it worse too.

It also sticks out in my memory that the kid criminal dies. Regardless of what role they play, children dying is pretty rare in action films and his death is quite affecting as a result.

Also Cain mauls that woman's fucking face off. She shouldn't have said "it'll take some getting used to". He didn't like that.

And Robocop rips Cain's brain out and smashes it.

Yeah. Not for the nippers.

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

Ninja Terminator was the inspiration for our whole bad movie habit. It is a legitimate masterpiece. Not only do we have Ninja Terminator, but we've tracked down numerous other Godfrey Ho classics. Godfrey Ho is the director of many many many terrible Ninja/Kickboxing movies. He goes by aliases and has a habit of shooting enough footage for a couple of movies and then making ten films out of it through very very bad editing.

You'll notice that Ninja Terminator feels like at least two different movies stapled together with only those bizarre scenes with the Garfield phone linking them. That's because that's what happened. Jaguar Wong going around fucking everyone up has so little to do with... well... everything else that it's hilarious. Then there's the robot, Tiger Chan's blond wig, the melon cutting scene, Richard Harrison generally. Probably should have brought it up in this thread before. It can be had for a quid at most CEX stores.

We've also seen The Ninja Squad, Golden Ninja Warrior, Ninja Fist of Fire amongst others.

Our shit film fests have now become Facebook events with 8-12 guests attending, which is nice. Last night we watched Sworn to Justice. Cynthia Rothrock as a criminal psychologist/Kung Fu master/Psychic on the hunt for REVENGE. And gratuitous sex. It was absolutely horrendous. Seriously, seriously bad.

Interestingly, Cynthia Rothrock's muscular "charms" and Godfrey Ho's directorial genius were actually united for "UNDEFEATABLE". If you haven't seen Undefeatable or don't intend to, at least check out the final fight scene from it on Youtube. Arguably the greatest final showdown of all time.

Last week we watched "Daydream Believer" starring Martin Kemp. A woman pretends to be a horse with no hint of irony for large portions of this film. Also, Martin Kemp utters the line "Horse semen. Spunk. One hundred and forty grand's worth of cum!". He takes a sip from a drink with a horse-semen ice cube shortly afterwards. It was entertaining to say the least.

Next week we're watching NIGHTMASTER, which stars Nicole Kidman as a student/part time Ninja. It's an Australian made for TV movie from way back. It will be dire.

I will definitely keep Scarecrow Gone Wild in mind.

Robocop 2 has some of the darkest humour in the trilogy ( i dont acknowledge the TV movies/Series.... they are worse than 3! though, 3 has some good bits in. The 'new' Robocops and there utter and cataclysmic failure is awesome and makes me laugh each time.. the lights and siren on one of them is just the icing on the cake.

The Stop Motion is quite good too

JLM, you should definitely check out Naked Killer if you like that sort of movie.

You've basically got a female assassin who trains up her proteg

You take that back pat. The tv series was fucking awesome
You just dont get tv as cheesily good as that these days. I paid a fuckload tracking down the set on dvd and it was worth every penny.

Cheesily Good???? :duh:

It needs more Barry van Dyke :p

• Paid Members
Ninja Terminator was the inspiration for our whole bad movie habit. It is a legitimate masterpiece. Not only do we have Ninja Terminator, but we've tracked down numerous other Godfrey Ho classics. Godfrey Ho is the director of many many many terrible Ninja/Kickboxing movies. He goes by aliases and has a habit of shooting enough footage for a couple of movies and then making ten films out of it through very very bad editing.

I have many of these, and are generally remembered as "the one with Hwang Jan Lee in", or "the one with tits on the back cover" than anything to do with the actual film.

Have you seen the one with POV knife-cam chasing people through buildings?

The 'new' Robocops and there utter and cataclysmic failure is awesome and makes me laugh each time.. the lights and siren on one of them is just the icing on the cake.

This - for me - is the only decent bit in Robocop 2. Watched it yonks ago, hated it. Watched it again last year when I bought the boxed set, still hated it.

I think I'm unique in preferring Robocop 3 over 2.

JLM, you should definitely check out Naked Killer if you like that sort of movie.

You've basically got a female assassin who trains up her proteg