DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Moderators
Besides for Dark Knight Returns, has Frank Miller done anything that isn't shite? I enjoy Sin City, the film, but that's far more to do with the cast and the sense of style above anything else. I saw a big poster for his new book, Holy Terror, in hmv but haven't heard a single good thing about it.

He's a bit mental tbh, but I loved his Batman and Robin book. And the Sin City books are good.

• Paid Members

Don't get me wrong its more than watchable and I must have seen it more times than the original (everyone seemed to have a pirate copy when I was in school) but its just missing everything thats so great about the first film. Im a huge fan of stop motion and some of the effects in it are top notch but any scenes where Robocop is getting ragdolled by Cain look shit

• Paid Members
Besides for Dark Knight Returns, has Frank Miller done anything that isn't shite? I enjoy Sin City, the film, but that's far more to do with the cast and the sense of style above anything else. I saw a big poster for his new book, Holy Terror, in hmv but haven't heard a single good thing about it.

He's a bit mental tbh, but I loved his Batman and Robin book. And the Sin City books are good.

Is that the All-Star Batman and Robin series where Batman kidnaps Robin and generally acts like a mentally unstable arsehole?

I liked that too. I like to think it was a parody because it was so funny.

• Paid Members

Watched Big Trouble In Little China for the first time in years this morning. It's utterly brilliant in every possible way. I really was surprised just how much I enjoyed it. It easily cracks my top twenty and would only be challenged by Die Hard for the honor of "best action film".

• Moderators

It is a fantastic film. I have fond memories of watching that for the first time on the school bus on the way home. I was about 10 - our bus driver put wildly inappropriate films on for us to watch; it was great. The way he figured, I guess, is that it kept us shut up and made his job easier.

It all ended when some girl complained that her little brother shouldn't be watching that kind of stuff. He was about 6 though, I guess.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
Watched Big Trouble In Little China for the first time in years this morning. It's utterly brilliant in every possible way. I really was surprised just how much I enjoyed it. It easily cracks my top twenty and would only be challenged by Die Hard for the honor of "best action film".

recently picked it up on Blu Ray, my favourite movie without doubt. It's just endlessly watchable. I always pick up new little things to love everytime i see it too.

"Relax, im here..."

Jack Burton is my hero.

Watched Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil yesterday, and was very impressed. Ive had it recommended a few times now, but hadnt yet seen it. Based on a True Story, that had been adapted for a book, so is True Crime/ Faction or whatever its called these days, the plot was nice and the scenery was stunning.

John Cusack, Kevin Spacey, Jude law, Lady Chablis and various others inc Geoffrey Lewis were all really good in it and Southern Court Room Drama's always hold appeal. Not sure why, but there you go.

Worth checking out

Edited by patdfb