DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Ahhhi see no was a quote from a friend on a night out when he was asked (in front of the girl) if he would shag her in which he replied he would rather put his dick in a blender, que awkward silence

its from the song Drink Til I Die.just watched Dark Shadows. wont say much but its a typical Depp performance and Michelle Pfeiffer looked smokin

• Paid Members

Re-watched Silent Running yesterday. First time Ive watched it on Blu ray and have to say its the first time I've been blown away by a Blu Ray, the film looks like it was made yesterday. Still a beautiful film and Bruce Dern plays it perfectly managing to stay likeable despite the things he does in the first third. The only thing really dated about the film is the Joan Baez soundtrack but it fits in with the hippie vibe of the film.

never sleep again : the elm street legacy, if you are a fan of the nightmare films then this documentary is highly recommended. it lasts for four hours and has interviews with the key players from all 7 films plus various reps from new line and wes craven. it also comes crammed with extras including bonus interviews, gag reels from a couple of the films, features on freddy's glove and the music from the films and much more.it comes out for the uk in july but if you can't wait, and have a multi region player, get the us version or better still there is a bluray available that was released in germany and is only

• Paid Members

never sleep again : the elm street legacy, if you are a fan of the nightmare films then this documentary is highly recommended. it lasts for four hours and has interviews with the key players from all 7 films plus various reps from new line and wes craven. it also comes crammed with extras including bonus interviews, gag reels from a couple of the films, features on freddy's glove and the music from the films and much more.it comes out for the uk in july but if you can't wait, and have a multi region player, get the us version or better still there is a bluray available that was released in germany and is only

• Paid Members

I watched Don't Be Afraid of the Dark last night, and it was a bag of shite. Was prepared to be scared, at least, as the original teleplay is blinding. Turns out that modern technology has claimed another victim, as the director couldn't resist stupidly showing the hell out of the monsters, who looked like they'd take a wrong turn on their way to kill young Drew Barrymore. It was a real shower of shit, although the little kid, Bailee Madison, put in a cracking performance (she was impressive in an episode of Law and Order: SVU that I saw recently, playing the replacement for a murdered little girl, whose adoptive parents had plastic surgeried her into becoming a duplicate of that kid). They also seemed to give the movie a little too long, and it allowed all sorts of bullshit, unneccesary, and frankly contradictory backstory into the mix.

Mrs Loki and I watched The House of Wax on Saturday, the remake of the remake if you will.I really enjoyed it! It's absolutely a by-the-numbers slasher movie, but there's been a lot of love in making each of the tropes as enjoyable as possible. I was completely egging on the killers as they tore through most of the cast, as the teenagers had been made out to be suitably annoying and twattish. The wax theme led to some lovely, fucked up deaths too, and the final action scene was really suspenseful.It's not breaking any new ground, but if you're looking for a silly Saturday night horror film, it's the ticket.

• Paid Members

Mrs Loki and I watched The House of Wax on Saturday, the remake of the remake if you will.I really enjoyed it! It's absolutely a by-the-numbers slasher movie, but there's been a lot of love in making each of the tropes as enjoyable as possible. I was completely egging on the killers as they tore through most of the cast, as the teenagers had been made out to be suitably annoying and twattish. The wax theme led to some lovely, fucked up deaths too, and the final action scene was really suspenseful.It's not breaking any new ground, but if you're looking for a silly Saturday night horror film, it's the ticket.

Is that the one with Paris, Hilton in it? If so, I was amused by the reviews at the time, really showed up the agendas of the reviewers. "Shit person is shit actress who puts in shit performance in slasher movie". Surprisingly, the movie and genre survived. Film reminded me of Tourist Trap quite a bit, if anyone has seen that awesome chiller.

• Paid Members
Mrs Loki and I watched The House of Wax on Saturday, the remake of the remake if you will.

I really enjoyed it! It's absolutely a by-the-numbers slasher movie, but there's been a lot of love in making each of the tropes as enjoyable as possible. I was completely egging on the killers as they tore through most of the cast, as the teenagers had been made out to be suitably annoying and twattish. The wax theme led to some lovely, fucked up deaths too, and the final action scene was really suspenseful.

It's not breaking any new ground, but if you're looking for a silly Saturday night horror film, it's the ticket.

Is that the one with Paris, Hilton in it? If so, I was amused by the reviews at the time, really showed up the agendas of the reviewers. "Shit person is shit actress who puts in shit performance in slasher movie". Surprisingly, the movie and genre survived. Film reminded me of Tourist Trap quite a bit, if anyone has seen that awesome chiller.

Your not wrong, I didn't bother with it for ages because of how panned it was and I'm a Slasher movie nut. Its really quite a fun by the numbers slasher. A lot of fun. Frankly I wish there were more of them.

Edited by DEF