DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Moderators

I'm well excited for this, but don't waste your time with Thor, Pitcos. It's garbage. Watche both the Iron Mans because they're good anyway, so you may as well see them in the right order.

I ain't seen Captain America yet, but will watch it before I see Avengers.

• Moderators
I'm well excited for this, but don't waste your time with Thor, Pitcos. It's garbage. Watche both the Iron Mans because they're good anyway, so you may as well see them in the right order.

Thor's my favourite out of all the Marvel movies so far, so for the first time ever, I recommend you don't listen to Chest.

• Paid Members

I'll not say anything that will spoil it for people, just echo most of the pervious comments. Some real laugh out loud bits (I don't usualy experience in a cinema in the UK, but at one point the audiecne applauded a joke it was that funny), some fine action that the CGI doesn't ruin like it did in some films (the first Transformers) and a damn fine story from start to finish.

There are some fantastic 'character on charater' fights, that reminded me of a street fighter style video game. Again, no names mentioned to avoid spoilers!

I'm just gutted that I can't talk abot it yet with any of my friends, cos i'm the only one that booked the day off work yesterday to watch it. I'm not a huge comic geek, I just prefer a less busy cinema experience.

Spiderman 3D trailer beforehand got me more interested in that then the previous teaser trailer, and the Dark Knight Rises looked great on the big screen too, but was one thats been doing the rounds on the net, so nowt new.

I highly recommend Thor as well.

Avengers was just fucking glorious though. All the performances are fantastic, the group dynamic is excellent and they play off each other so well. The writing is sharp and the tone is just spot on. What makes it so impressive is the massive clusterfuck it easily could've been, but it's just sublimely executed. So much I wanna talk about but won't for now so others can get a chance to see it. I'm off to see it again today, god bless unlimited cards.

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Moderators

Thor's my favourite out of all the Marvel movies so far, so for the first time ever, I recommend you don't listen to Chest.

This man spent years obsessed with Natalie Portman, his opinion is clearly biased.

Anyway.. Last night I went to see Marley. It was really fucking good. Bob Marley's music is just so fucking everywhere that I've become mostly numb to it.. it's just wallpaper. I know it's good but I don't have any emotional reaction to it anymore.

This documentary managed to bring all of that back and made me appreciate how awesome he was.

I didn't really know a great deal about his life before this, mind. I'm guessing if you're a superfan you're not going to learn anything new. It's well made though, and true to Kevin MacDonald's previous form it let's you know it's alright to laugh as well as taking the serious shit seriously.

• Paid Members

Thor is dope, probably the one you need to see most before avengers too. Although I can't fathom not having the crushing desire to see them all constantly so take that as you will.

'tis true that there are a few hilarious bits in the avengers, fuck it was so good, I can't wait to see it again.

I saw it in 2D (out of choice) how was the 3D?

• Moderators
This man spent years obsessed with Natalie Portman, his opinion is clearly biased.

Guilty as charged :(

Anyway.. Last night I went to see Marley. It was really fucking good. Bob Marley's music is just so fucking everywhere that I've become mostly numb to it.. it's just wallpaper. I know it's good but I don't have any emotional reaction to it anymore.

This documentary managed to bring all of that back and made me appreciate how awesome he was.

I didn't really know a great deal about his life before this, mind. I'm guessing if you're a superfan you're not going to learn anything new. It's well made though, and true to Kevin MacDonald's previous form it let's you know it's alright to laugh as well as taking the serious shit seriously.

I always wondered how big of a name Bob Marley would have been in the decades after his death had he not been the schoolboy (and overgrown schoolboy) posterchild for PUFFIN' ON A BIG BIFFA LOL. 99% of all Bob Marley references come from shaky-fingered men in dirty bedsits who've probably never heard his music, but have his face on a poster surrounded by pot leaves.

• Moderators

I get what you're saying, but your made up stat is so way off base, because everyone has heard his music. Like, actually everyone. Not even just 99%.

Anyway.. this documentary did a good job of getting a cross what a massive influence he was culturally before the oversimplification of his face being synonymous with smoking weed.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
I get what you're saying, but your made up stat is so way off base, because everyone has heard his music. Like, actually everyone. Not even just 99%.

In a 'wearing a shirt of The Ramones, but not being able to name more than one song, if that' way, sure. I'm struggling to think of some of his music right now, and the only thing that's coming to mind is Jammin, because of that shit Peter Kay joke. But maybe this says more about me than my made up stat.

Also, how does Gay Bob Marley like his donuts? Wi' cum in.

• Paid Members
I saw it in 2D (out of choice) how was the 3D?

Its difficult for me to describe, it didn't take away anything or become a distraction, i.e. just doing things for the sake of 3d viewers seeing it 'pop out of the screen'. I guess i'd have to see the 2d to see if 3d added anything. Silly question, but do some 3d versions of films have more footage then their 2d counterparts? Not storyline wise, but are some shots left out, because they are only in to take advantage of 3d?

The fight/battle scenes looked good, the 3d gave it 'deapth'. Still trying not to spoil anything, there were times when 2 mini fights were going on at the same time, so you got a sense of being stood there and 'feeling' that some people were closer to you then others.

• Moderators
No woman, no cry Astro.

Ooh yeah, of course. If I Googled, I'm sure there'd be a couple of forehead-smacking obvious ones, but I felt like that would be cheating in the context of that post.

I can't even name one Ramones song though so that means I win the argument.

Wait, what were we talking about again..?