DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Yeah picked up the Blue Underground version for free from a friend :)

Wanted to see what it was about looked pretty good

It's blinding, Sergio Martino is a very underrated director. They should have gone with the original translation, though - "The Bodies Bear Traces of Carnal Violence" just trips off the tongue.

Yeah picked up the Blue Underground version for free from a friend :)

Wanted to see what it was about looked pretty good

It's blinding, Sergio Martino is a very underrated director. They should have gone with the original translation, though - "The Bodies Bear Traces of Carnal Violence" just trips off the tongue.

Cheers, thats brilliant, well thats tonight sorted my missus ordered these and they came today :)

Vampire Prosecutor & Athena Goddess of War

But they will have to go in the watch pile, which is becoming a bucket list, theres near on 2500 movies :(

Commando.

This "film" is a shockingly lude, explicit hour and a half, which I won't get back. Like so many Arnoaeld Schwarzanegger films, Commando glorifies violence in a very irresponsible manner. It's rife from beginning to end with shocking language, unrealistic scenes and incredibly wooden acting from Arnoaeld and Vernon Wells in particular.

4/10.

Edited by Trevor

Anyone here seen Neds?

I'm going through a bit of a Wim Wenders thing at the minute, having recently watched Paris, Texas, Alice in the Cities and The American Friend. I really enjoyed them all (especially as they were all beautiful 35mm prints, shown in my local non-profit cinema) and have become a little bit obsessed with Paris, Texas which I study this year. Probably going to watch Wings of Desire tonight, anyone seen it? Any thoughts?

• Paid Members
Commando.

This "film" is a shockingly lude, explicit hour and a half, which I won't get back. Like so many Arnoaeld Schwarzanegger films, Commando glorifies violence in a very irresponsible manner. It's rife from beginning to end with shocking language, unrealistic scenes and incredibly wooden acting from Arnoaeld and Vernon Wells in particular.

4/10.

And this is why we love it. It does not pretend to be Shakespeare, just a corny, kick ass of a movie.

"Remember, Sally, when I promised to kill you last?.......I lied!"

Fucking class.

I love me some Statham so I watched Killer Elite the other evening. It wasn't the balls out actioner I was expecting. Instead it's a slow burning thriller, one that starts off pretty rickety and improves as it goes on but is nothing special. De Niro is actually passable in it which is saying a lot these days. I will admit to being pretty freaked out during the first half hour when I thought Dominic Purcell was Clive Owen in a fat suit only to realise that wasn't the case.

• Paid Members
I love me some Statham so I watched Killer Elite the other evening. It wasn't the balls out actioner I was expecting. Instead it's a slow burning thriller, one that starts off pretty rickety and improves as it goes on but is nothing special. De Niro is actually passable in it which is saying a lot these days. I will admit to being pretty freaked out during the first half hour when I thought Dominic Purcell was Clive Owen in a fat suit only to realise that wasn't the case.

I had a similar experience. It's a decent film though.

Speaking of current De Niro work, I watched Everybody's Fine on Sky Indie the other day. Absolute guff, it was like a a rubbish film made for TV, but featuring De Niro, Drew Barrymore and Kate Beckinsale (woof!).

• Paid Members

Watched The Descendants earlier today. I could've sworn I read somewhere that it was charming and funny, it wasn't. More about how messed up families can be, especially if you live in a nice part of the world. You can't help but think that it was cast wrong. Paul Giamatti yes, Clooney no.