DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Gritty British films are so over-done now. In the 2 years in Media at Uni I did, there was never one upbeat, fun and quirky British film. It was all council gangs and people struggling against illness, or teenage prostitution. No wonder they stopped funding for it, it was all grim shit.

It's a bit of a vicious cycle. The British film industry is really just an arts charity, which is why that sort of stuff gets made a lot. Nothing ever makes money, so nothing can cost money. Kitchen sink drama is pretty cheap to make and ticks the arts audience boxes.

• Paid Members

What about Sex Lives of the Potato Men?

Re: Romeo Brass - when that bloke (I don't recall the circumstances, I saw that forever ago) gets stomped, that's outside the chippy where we used to sneak off to for battered sausage at lunchtime, then go play tumblepop in the video shop.

• Paid Members

British film is very derivative on the whole. After Trainspotting we got a load of drug-heavy and 'raver' comedy dramas. After Lock Stock we got a load of gangster films. Now, post-This Is England we're getting a load of grim council estate stuff. It's just a case of waiting to see what the next cycle will be.

• Moderators
British film is very derivative on the whole. After Trainspotting we got a load of drug-heavy and 'raver' comedy dramas. After Lock Stock we got a load of gangster films. Now, post-This Is England we're getting a load of grim council estate stuff. It's just a case of waiting to see what the next cycle will be.

Seaside postcard comedy! Please let it be seaside postcard comedy.

Doctor at Large was on the other day. Majestic.

• Paid Members
Seaside postcard comedy! Please let it be seaside postcard comedy.

Doctor at Large was on the other day. Majestic.

The Doctor In The House series is criminally underrated. They are hilarious.

"What's the bleeding time?"

"10 past 10."

• Moderators
One day I'll be successful and have the clout to reboot the Carry Ons.

Me and a pal came up with "Carry on Screwing" about some randy Joiners, but you've got to to give the people hard cocks which you can see going into fannies these days with a full semen filled climax. They won't except Babs wearing tassles on her nips or covering them with her hands.

Anyway, if *they* (whoever they are) rebooted the Carry On... series these days it'd have Russell fucking Brand in it. You just know it would.