DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Just finished Luther series 1. Its so implausible and Americanised and it's nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is yet one thing makes me love it and that is the big man himself. Idris Elba is brilliant and how i've never noticed him till now is baffling when you consider how much stuff he's done. Other than The Wire what else is essential Elba? I seriously need to fuel this man crush I have.

Just finished Luther series 1. Its so implausible and Americanised and it's nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is yet one thing makes me love it and that is the big man himself. Idris Elba is brilliant and how i've never noticed him till now is baffling when you consider how much stuff he's done. Other than The Wire what else is essential Elba? I seriously need to fuel this man crush I have.

Mr Danger I would try and watch series 2 of Luther as soon as you can. It goes even more silly in the second series but it's a lot of fun. He's going to be in Ghost Rider and the Alien prequel too soon.

28 Weeks Later I'd say is his best film. Thor's good but he's not in it ever so much.RocknRolla is the usual Guy Ritchie stuff and The Losers is a standard action film - but they're made a lot more enjoyable thanks to having plenty of Idris Elba being Idris Elba in them

Mr Danger I would try and watch series 2 of Luther as soon as you can. It goes even more silly in the second series but it's a lot of fun. He's going to be in Ghost Rider and the Alien prequel too soon.
I thought series 2 was odd in that each episode had two main stories-rather than a main and a sub one-going on at the same time, and I thought it suffered a bit for it. Plus there was nowhere near as much of my favourite television psycho murderer in it as there should have been...tumblr_lpe314YaSk1qcxpgi.jpgHow on earth Luther never fucked his dull ex-wife off and ragged the shit out of Alice Morgan I'll never know.

This week I've also watched 2 Hong Kong cinema movies from this past decade in "Infernal Affairs" which is a cracking little picture about a Triad gang's dealing's with the police. Both sides have a mole in the other camp, and both sides know it. They spend the movie trying to work out who the moles are, whilst the Triads attempt to continue with their drug dealing activities. The rights for this story were picked up by American film makers and there was an English language re-make (who's title escapes me). Very, very entertaining picture.

The Departed.
I'm apparently blind and can't read properly anymore, so ignore my previous post. Anyway, I watched The Adjustment Bureau. It's exceptionally pointless and features one of the most abrupt, 'Is that it...?' endings in recent memory. Edited by Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

On the subject of Video Nasties, my Mum always goes on about how when she was a kid her Uncle brought a video home to watch with her Dad and it she caught a peek of it.

She says it was all these men sat round a table, and they lopped the top of monkey's heads off like a boiled egg and ate their brains.

She talks like it was a documentary or real footage (or made to look to be).

Any ideas you lot?

• Paid Members
On the subject of Video Nasties, my Mum always goes on about how when she was a kid her Uncle brought a video home to watch with her Dad and it she caught a peek of it.

She says it was all these men sat round a table, and they lopped the top of monkey's heads off like a boiled egg and ate their brains.

She talks like it was a documentary or real footage (or made to look to be).

Any ideas you lot?

Might be Deep River Savages. Then again, I think there is a scene like that in Temple Of Doom, but the monkeys are already dead in that!

There are several cannibal films that have scenes like that, though, but that sounds the most likely.

Edited by Gladstone Small

Agree with Glad about Asian horror going down the toilet but its not really a problem if you are new to the genre.

NFSW

http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/index2.htm

Last I checked it hasn't been updated in an age but the above site is still a pretty valubale place for information on the more extreme Asian films out there.