DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

I saw a mention of a film somewhere recently (possibly on here) that described it as a rip-off of Funny Games, but with an actual rape scene. Any ideas what the film is?

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Cherry Tree Lane

I wouldnt say rip-off, but its a watered down version. Similar theme etc. Even more pointless than Funny Games, which is saying something.

Edited by Rob Lowe

• Paid Members

Tried to watch Terminator Salvation again last night, but I just find it totally unengaging. Annoying because I absolutely love the first three (yes, three).

Edited by Foale

I saw a mention of a film somewhere recently (possibly on here) that described it as a rip-off of Funny Games, but with an actual rape scene. Any ideas what the film is?

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Cherry Tree Lane

I wouldnt say rip-off, but its a watered down version. Similar theme etc. Even more pointless than Funny Games, which is saying something.

Yeah, funny games is wank, at least Cherry Tree Lane had a decent fight-back. However aside from that CTL is the shits, yes.

Watched 3 films today!BlitzThe Statham kicking some ass! Started excellent, dragged on a bit, great ending. Lot slower paced than his usual flicks but still good.WhiteoutHad it knocking about for over a year, thought I'd give it a watch, it was well, ok I suppose, nothing great but still watchable.Triangle LOVED IT! Love Mellissa George too!Enjoyed it and loved the ending :)

• Paid Members

Triangle LOVED IT! Love Mellissa George too!Enjoyed it and loved the ending :)

Definitely a 'Marmite' film. I really enjoyed it. Melissa George has become a pretty impressive 'scream queen'. That Christopher Smith is racking up quite a decent little CV, it will be interesting to see what he does next.

I'm watching Bad Teacher now. I've never ever seen the appeal of Cameron Diaz, but she's downright ugly in this. She reminds me of someone, I'm not sure who, but it's definitely a bloke. It might be Eric Roberts, or a footballer from my youth. She looks like one of those rough, busted-face women off Eastenders who people fancy. Like Kat Slater and Cindy Beale.

Edited by King Pitcos

Definitely a 'Marmite' film. I really enjoyed it. Melissa George has become a pretty impressive 'scream queen'. That Christopher Smith is racking up quite a decent little CV, it will be interesting to see what he does next.

I thought that the fact that it got slung on the horror channel pretty quickly was a bad sign. I'll need to give it a go the next time it's on, which shouldn't be far away.

• Paid Members

^ Giving up on an entire language of films is pretty stupid as things go, but I do like Asian stuff. Shame their horror market quickly disappeared down the toilet, though.

I thought that the fact that it got slung on the horror channel pretty quickly was a bad sign.
It really isn't, it's an excellent film. The Horror Channel is improving - they've had some great French stuff on lately and started to show some Hammer horror as well.