DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Last few movies I've watched have been:

Clue - My missus had never watched this so we put this on the other week. Very fun movie with a great cast, especially Madeline Khan and Tim Curry.

Unforgiven - Again, put this on as the missus had never watched it before. Since I hadn't watched it since I was a kid, it was really good to watch this as an adult and see it in a different light. A really well told story with great performances all around.

• Paid Members
Just watched Mean Girls. Really good! I'd always dismissed it until I recently found out Tina Fey wrote it, as I've got into 30 Rock this year. Thought it was a brilliant teen film.

Yeah, I dismissed it as teeny fluff until my sister got it on DVD the moment it was released and insisted that she'd only lend me her copies of Sin City if I watched it. Glad I did - funny stuff, well written. Plus Rachel McAdams, Tina Fey and Lohan are all very nice to look at in it. Lohan in particular - what went wrong?

Currently watching Battlestar Galactica (the new one that is) on Blu-ray and I'm really enjoying it so far (on the first part of the mini series), been meaning to watch it for a long time and I simply couldn't resist the entire series on Blu-ray.

you're in for some good stuff, i envy you a little. the beginning of s3 in particular has some very interesting ideas

• Paid Members

The season finale of season three is best watched with some tissues nearby.....

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Edited by Green

• Paid Members

I loved Battlestar Galactica. Particularly loved how

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

they managed to work in the Cylons from the old series, by explaining they were previous models. It also meant we got to see the originals in CG, rather than just looking like blokes dressed up in the costume.

Also, kudos for working in the original theme tune as a military march.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

What I think made it work was that they didn't make it a sci-fi series through and through, they made it a proper drama series with a sci-fi theme.

went to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes and really enjoyed it, considering I thought it was going to be terrible I was pleasantly surprised. Great sci-fi movie and the effects were great, I kept wondering how I could care so much for a computer generated chimp! - Serkis is awesome.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

How fucking scary would being in the Helicopter be when the massive monkey Buck jumped towards him. Properly loved Caesar aswell, his journey was great, the "NOOOOO" and "Caesar is home" lines made me(and the rest of the cinema) gasp out loud.

obviously it isn't perfect, Frieda Pinto does nothing, Brian Cox and the Harry Potter guy are just incredible dicks for no reason amongst other things. Plus I'm now terrified of an Ape unprising.

Edited by Cobra1000

He must have made some truly shit films if you haven't done him his own rip thread mate.

Again, I havent done an RIP thread in eons, but why let that get in the way of stuff.

Its a notable death if you like Wargames, The Madness of King George etc..

I didnt realise he was so old tbh

To be fair though Reloaded is at least better then Revolutions which is a big steaming pile of David Cameron.

Still best to just stop at the first film though.

EDIT

About half way through S1 of Battlestar now and I'm loving it, I especially like that

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

there are Cylon's who are programmed to actually believe they are Human

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); which adds a whole other level to things.
Edited by The King Of Swing