Sid Eudy

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

when Sid comes out at the hammerstein and destroys Steve Cornio and someone else its fucking crazy crowd go mental

That's because, unlike 90% of the so-called superstars that we see on television ever week now, Sid has charisma and the "it" factor.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocks me to bits that wen u consider that the likes of piper, snuka etc have been routinely dug up for feuds or matches when mere shells or parodies of there former selves & yet a legit multi time champion like Sid, with his size, aura, promo & physique hasnt had a look in.

Doesn't shock me at all. I really don't get the Sid love. As a kid, I found him well scary and that's well good... but then his matches, fuck me. Not for me lads.

He's a promo man who fucks up his lines :/

Doesn't shock me at all. I really don't get the Sid love. As a kid, I found him well scary and that's well good... but then his matches, fuck me. Not for me lads.

It seems like he's become the Wrestling version of David Hasselhoff in that it's dead ironic to pretend he's the best best thing ever, even though in reality he's a bit naff.

That said I still mark for his " I have half the brain you do" promo.

If Stid returns it should just be to powerbomb someone and then leave. I don't want to see him wrestle a match or cut a promo.

Maybe he could go in the HOF but there really are more deserving candidates from his era, Kevin Nash for instance. Maybe Nash, Hall & Waltman could go in together as the Wolfpac?

• Moderators

It seems like he's become the Wrestling version of David Hasselhoff in that it's dead ironic to pretend he's the best best thing ever, even though in reality he's a bit naff.

Or alternatively people might just like a massive monster, with cool moves, a fantastic look, king of the squashes, who can play a psycho better than most, has natural charisma and intensity and has a really cool "I'll twat you" aura about him. There's a reason crowds would cheer the fuck out of him even when playing a heel.

- Surely after watching a squash like that you can see why people think he's super.

Or alternatively people might just like a massive monster, with cool moves, a fantastic look, king of the squashes, who can play a psycho better than most, has natural charisma and intensity and has a really cool "I'll twat you" aura about him. There's a reason crowds would cheer the fuck out of him even when playing a heel.

- Surely after watching a squash like that you can see why people think he's super.

The only thing that impresses me in that Squash match is the way Lee Scott is taking dangerous bumps and selling to make Sid look like a monster.

TBH, any wrestler who has a powerbomb as a finisher is shit by default in my book and has to work well hard to make up for the obvious lack of any credible in-ring skills. That's just the way I've always been. Those moves do nowt for me.

In fact, most power based finishers make me groan a little. Even Davey Boy's - all that talent and he finishes with a running powerslam. Makes me wanna sleep some.

Sid is a monster. He's well scary and brings 'something' (not just a massive ego). He hasn't got cool moves though. If he did, I'd like him a bit because I love cool moves. It's what got me into wrestling as a kid - people like Bret Hart and Mr Perfect doing weird painful looking things beating guys of all sizes. Like most WWE fans, I also love all that running the ropes stuff. Nothing pops the WWE crowd more than a couple of guys running some ropes. Sid don't do this well, not like a real monster like Earthquake or Bam Bam ;)

• Moderators

I love his moves. Powerbombs, Choke Slams and Whirlybirds are all cool as fuck. I'm a huge fan of Powerbombs. Probably one of my favourite moves ever along with the Spinebuster and the Piledriver. Power moves rule!

The only thing that impresses me in that Squash match is the way Lee Scott is taking dangerous bumps and selling to make Sid look like a monster.

That video is one more impressive thing than anything you have ever contributed to the internet I suppose.

TBH, any wrestler who has a powerbomb as a finisher is shit by default in my book and has to work well hard to make up for the obvious lack of any credible in-ring skills. That's just the way I've always been. Those moves do nowt for me.

In fact, most power based finishers make me groan a little. Even Davey Boy's - all that talent and he finishes with a running powerslam. Makes me wanna sleep some.

Sid is a monster. He's well scary and brings 'something' (not just a massive ego). He hasn't got cool moves though. If he did, I'd like him a bit because I love cool moves. It's what got me into wrestling as a kid - people like Bret Hart and Mr Perfect doing weird painful looking things beating guys of all sizes. Like most WWE fans, I also love all that running the ropes stuff. Nothing pops the WWE crowd more than a couple of guys running some ropes. Sid don't do this well, not like a real monster like Earthquake or Bam Bam ;)

Did you watch the early 90s at the time or was it all in retrospect, because to me, the moves were part of what made Sid appealing. Sato aside, Sid pretty much introduced the powerbomb to the WWF and it looked absolutely devastating before you became a bit numb to everyone over 6'5'' using it. Adam Bomb's used to looked great too until he had to stop it because of Diesel. The spinny powerbomb was also pretty unique and devastating looking (did he ever use that in WWF squashes?) and he was one of the first to use the chokeslam, then a few years later added a cobra clutch to make a pretty cool variation. Likewise, the Bulldog's powerslam was just the king of finishers to me and all my friends at the time, i don't understand the hate for that.

I quite liked Sid, but I can see where you're coming from to an extent. The cult hero thing is a bit over the top, and i've no doubt there weren't as many folk celebrating the fact he was there in the mid to late 90s than there are screaming for him to return these days. Well, maybe other than the MSG crowd from SSeries 96. At the same time though, he was a pretty entertaining and intimidating character and whilst those types were ten a penny back in the day, they're a whole lot more scarce nowadays, so you can see why people would be rooting for him considering he's one of the few who's apparently still fit.

I watched early 90's at the time as a teenager. I hated the powerbomb first time I saw it - thinking along the lines of "boring, he wins because he's powerful, groan".

I hated the chokeslam and still do. In fact, I really hate the chokeslam.

I hated Adam Bomb, and I've always never wanted to see Nash wrestle.

I stopped watching completely when Nash was on top. That's how boring these types are to me. Original FF material.

I never saw Johnny Saint do any of this shit.

I, I, I, I, I... fucking hell, enough about me lol.

EDIT - I'm now challenging myself to find the exception to my rules...

Batista won me over after about five year.

I loved Earthquake but his finisher was about bulk not power.

Loved Warrior... but even he finished with a, fucking hell, worst finisher ever...

I love a press slam!! yeah man, that's a power move I dig :)

Archived