General politics discussion thread

David

Why not? He was bright enough to realise that that the Nazi/Skinhead image wasn't the best but beyond that he's never really seemed to be the sharpest tool in the box. In the context of the Far Right he's the smartest guy in the room, but when the room is almost exclusively populated by chimps that's not really that much to write home about.

The BNP really hasn't made that much progress you know. There were a certain number of people who would have happily voted BNP but were put off by the NF links, he made it possible for those people to vote BNP - sure it's an achievement of sorts but it doesn't represent a massive stride forward for the Far Right in the UK. If he takes their current support level and doubles it that would be a massive stride forward as it would show he was attracting a new type of person to the 'cause' . If that happended I might start to give this political genius a bit more credit.

I'm not saying he's a political genius Joe, i'm simply saying that he's no idiot.

As for taking his support level and doubling it, I wouldn't consider that to be out of the question, especially if things keep going as they are in this country.

I'm certainly not saying that the BNP are the answer (although i'm seriously starting to doubt they would do much worse than our current lot), and most people who take an interest in politics know that to be the case, but they are certainly starting to get the mainstream publicity they want in order to reach the average person in the street.

• Paid Members
Far from being "thick", i'd say Griffin is smarter than most of the left combined.

A laughable claim. And from I've seen and heard from this guy, he's a goon. Every single thing he's ever put forward is easy to obliterate by anyone who actually knows what they're talking about - it's not like he's saying anything new.

If you're talking about making the BNP marketable, that's not smart - that's just basic. And he can't even manage that; all anyone has to do is haul up the footage of him from Youtube of his visit to talk to the Ku Klux Klan or whichever white supremacist group it was where he talks about how he doesn't actually mean any of the "re-branding", and that it's just to get the BNP's foot under the table.

A laughable claim. And from I've seen and heard from this guy, he's a goon. Every single thing he's ever put forward is easy to obliterate by anyone who actually knows what they're talking about - it's not like he's saying anything new.

Everything he puts forward is easy to obliterate, but the chances are the headlines will be made by protesters, hecklers and the like.

The fucking moronic left don't seem to understand that by doing what they always do, they play right into the BNP's hands.

Why do you think he organised that mini-meeting in full view of the public outside of Westminster a while back? He knew the numpties would come out and play along as usual.

The only reason the BNP are a bigger deal than any other minor political party is because the left make them a big deal.

So many of these people claim to have University backgrounds, and display all the traits of an intelligent human being 99% of the time.

I can't understand why they continue to react in a way that does nothing except get the BNP the coverage they desire.

• Paid Members

Everything he puts forward is easy to obliterate, but the chances are the headlines will be made by protesters, hecklers and the like.

The fucking moronic left don't seem to understand that by doing what they always do, they play right into the BNP's hands.

Why do you think he organised that mini-meeting in full view of the public outside of Westminster a while back? He knew the numpties would come out and play along as usual.

The only reason the BNP are a bigger deal than any other minor political party is because the left make them a big deal.

So many of these people claim to have University backgrounds, and display all the traits of an intelligent human being 99% of the time.

I can't understand why they continue to react in a way that does nothing except get the BNP the coverage they desire.

I'm left-wing, and the majority of left-wingers I know are very intelligent. Not really liking the general tarring here. Besides, I've found that most of the time, it's not the left playing into the BNP's hands, it's the liberals, neoliberals and centrists - almost as if they feel their glass tower society is so delicate, it could be smashed by a single man's ignorance. Probably because they know the way it's orientated now, it wouldn't take much to push it towards the BNP; if they truly were confident in the stability of the great British society they're so proud of, they wouldn't feel so insecure in dealing with threats to it.

Just so you know, New Labour isn't left-wing, it's centre as fuck.

I'm left-wing, and the majority of left-wingers I know are very intelligent. Not really liking the general tarring here.

The "general tarring" is always going to happen C-Bomb. It happens with the general consensus that the right are all "thick cunts" as well, so the it's not a case of the left being singled out.

Did I actually say that somewhere? If so, I apologise, as it's definately not the case.

• Paid Members

Did I actually say that somewhere? If so, I apologise, as it's definately not the case.

No, you didn't, so no need to apologise; what I'm trying to say is that, generally speaking, the majority of people who tend to throw up the whole "DON'T LET 'EM SPEAK" campaign tend to be neoliberals and centrists, rather than left-wingers. Most left-wingers (at least, the ones I know, and when you have a Marxist for a dad, you tend to meet loads) I find tend to salivate at the prospect of going toe-to-toe with an extreme righty, just to humiliate them.

Having openly voted BNP in the European election, mainly because i'm very anti-European Union and saw the option of not voting as a soft option, I saw voting BNP as a way of fucking with their set-up a little.

Yeah, I knew that would bring all the "you iz a racist!!!11!!" carry-on, but fuck it.

I think most people know that the BNP aren't going to see any major increase in their position in the UK political scene, but as far as i'm concerned, keeping them around makes things interesting for someone like myself who has zero interest in the main parties.

Might be already posted judging by the subject at the mo, Nick Griffin is on Question Time this Thursday.

I know people don't always read the thread but for crying out loud Duane this is ridiculous.

I'm sure he posted that as a joke Joe.

I'm not sure that it can really be classed as intelligence. The BNP are getting more coverage than ever because of the controversy they eminate and the fact that protestors follow them everywhere. They've also managed to up the stakes by getting seats in EU government, but the problem is, all the controversy is getting them a ton of attention but when it comes to voting time, it probably won't do them any favours.

More people than ever will recognise who they are on a ballot slip but will then immediately move their pen to a different box.

"All publicity is good publicity" is perfectly valid when you're trying to shift some t-shirts or book gigs, but bad publicity won't do you any favours getting voted into any government of note.

• Paid Members
The progress that the BNP have made in recent years is an example of that.

I think that's more to do with Labour's mishandling of the immigration issue than anything clever the BNP have done. They still have the same core of scumbags but have managed to attract support from people who are disillusioned with one or two things and don't think about the bigger picture. or perhaps they are stupid enough to believe the bullshit that comes out of Griffin's mouth.

As for Question Time, they should be entitled to stand up and have their say. Hopefully, the country is intelligent enough to debate it and make the right judgement based on it.

The BNP is bracing itself for potentially fresh embarrassment tomorrow when details of the party's UK-wide rank and file membership are expected to be posted on the internet.

The list, which purports to be a snapshot of the party's support in April this year, includes the names, addresses, postcodes and telephone numbers of people who have signed up to the far-right group, including the grade of membership assigned by the party

BNP Members list leaked on to the net for the third time

Like its important how? Iam sure this is going to have pretty much the same data as before ( basically its what 18 months younger than the last leak.. ooh wow) So all will happen is the same people will get their identities cloned.. phone calls ridiculing them and policemen sacked as before among other things.

Why do the media, or infact anyone think this is news?

Having said that if it was one of the big 3 parties there would be mass hysteria about it. Given that most peoples data ( well at least 25.6million iirc parental benefits etc etc) has been lost, sold on or whatever by this government, I suspect though that the information contained is already floating about on the net somewhere.

So all will happen is the same people will get their identities cloned.. phone calls ridiculing them and policemen sacked as before among other things.

Why do the media, or infact anyone think this is news?

Maybe because it's a disgrace that people could have their identity cloned, be heckled in the streets or sacked from their jobs simply for joining a political organisation?

Whats even worse, is that it's somehow considered "okay" for this to happen because they are BNP members.