The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

With the hair and the change in look, Chappelli looked magnificent. The others looked seventiesed up but if they looked like themselves. That guy looks nothing like how he does in real life. In all honety, I couldn't get past how hot Cariba Heine is. She needs to get herself to Hollywood.

Pietersen will be disappointed, his average at Lords has been good until now.

Our opening batsmen are really not having a great series so far, are they? The strength of some of the lower order is masking this a bit, but Root's not scored many at all.

• Paid Members
It will turn. If England had any nerve at all, they would call up Simon Kerrigan and play two spinners.

Might be a good shout for the Old Trafford test

Indeed! He is in superb form, has great variety and he got those wickets on a flat wicket that wasn't turning much. The only problem? He can't bat and you know what England are like with bowlers who can't bat - they're very reluctant to pick them.

No idea what England managed to do last night giving three wickets to Smith's speculative leg spin. Threw away a great position when we should have been looking at 450. Really disappointing. Bell looked excellent again, though, and it's a good job he's found his form so spectacularly.

Last night's item on sexism in sport on Newsnight prompted the following tweet from Graeme Swann, currently in the England side playing at Lords: Graeme Swann

(@Swannyg66)

18/07/2013 22:36

Interesting topic on newsnight about sexist golf clubs coming up, notably chaired by a bird with cracking legs ‪#‎wayhey‬

What a bizarre Test match this has been...and we're only two days into it! 16 wickets falling today for barely 200 runs on what is still being considered by experts as a flat pitch and a batsman's dream.

Seems neither side is capable of putting on a decent start with the opening few batsman. Looks like it'll be on Bell to deliver once again with the help of the lower order. Prior must be due a decent knock, Broad looks to be happy with the bat. 264 in the lead overnight. I honestly can't see the Aussies chasing anything over 350 in this game, and I imagine Cook will want to play this innings to the very end and be looking at having a target of somewhere near 450-500.

In the slightly less exciting world of the NDCV (North German Cricket Federation), I will be making my competitive debut this weekend. I was meant to be playing a friendly against Bremen tomorrow which was cancelled last night due to Bremen seemingly not being able to get a full side together..so that left my Saturday free. Then it turns out the second team have a match against Kiel...and our entire bowling attack is unable to play since they're all fasting for Ramadan, meaning that there were only a handful of players on the team sheet. So that's where I come in, most likely batting at 10 since apparently our 11 is even worse than me (though I've been getting roughly half an hour in the middle during our practice games, so I'm getting more confidence at actually playing rather than blocking every ball).

Should be a fun match. Neither side is going to be in the play-offs, so it doesn't really matter if we win or lose. I'm looking forward to a good day in the sun with some mates (and a few Aussies ;) ) and having a game of cricket.

• Paid Members

England's batting is bloody terrible at the moment. They should be thankful that Australia's is far, far worse otherwise we'd be in deep shit in this series. No idea why the batting isn't clicking at the moment, nobody really looks out of form, per se, and the Aussie bowling hasn't been amazing.

Let us know how your match goes on, Tom. Try and get a few photos together for one of your matches, I'd love to see what the facilities are at an average German club cricket ground!

I'm not sure the follow-on wouldn't have been a better idea. I think we'll still win, but we might potentially have won the game without needing to bat again, and reminding the Aussies how vulnerable our top order is. Those early wickets will have allowed them a little reprieve.