The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

2nd test of the last Ashes down under Michael Clarke smashed a ball into his pads off the bowling of Pietersen, was caught and somehow the Umpire didn't give it out. Clarke didn't walk then even though he clearly knew he'd hit it. Luckily we hadn't wasted our reviews as they did today.

It's been up and down this test but if we can get to a 300 lead I'd be delighted although we may have enough already.

• Paid Members

Quite right, too. I don't even think Australia were pissed off with Broad anyway, more with the umpire. As has been pointed out, if they had used their reviews properly (for overturning a patently incorrect decision) and not in the way they did (speculative questioning of marginal LBW decisions) then they wouldn't have any reasons to be complaining at anyone.

Boycs was typically class on 5's highlights. "I've never seen an Australian walk in my career"

He was even more so on TMS. Called walking "poppycock" and said the idea of "in the spirit of the game" was nonsense.

You all just missed Henry Blofeld "rapping". Your own fault.

Also when he refered to himself as 'Blowjob' later in the broadcast and you can hear the rest of the TMS crew cracking up in the background, whilst Blowers didn't seem to realise what he'd said.

Boycs was typically class on 5's highlights. "I've never seen an Australian walk in my career"

He was even more so on TMS. Called walking "poppycock" and said the idea of "in the spirit of the game" was nonsense.

I found Aggers pretty annoying when talking about this 'spirit of the game' and was fully in agreement with Geoffrey. None of the Aussie would've walked and the only one who ever did was Gilchrist.

• Paid Members

Looks like Harvey Dent will get to use his tickets after all! Never would have guessed this would go to a fifth day after the first day.

Could be pretty tense today. England will either blow them away or it will go down to somewhere near the wire. England bowled really well yesterday, Finn was much better and Broad bowled beautifully as well. Another performance like that and we should win, especially as it looks overcast this morning and it might swing more.

• Paid Members

Very odd ending but obviously relieved! Didn't look as though England thought it was out but Haddin didn't seem to dispute the overturning of it.

I don't think there will be any team changes on either side. Brilliant test match. The best format of the best sport.

That's the risk of selecting a player who is out of form. He's been messing around with his run up all summer and not really been in the wickets. It's not ideal for him to be dropped now as if he goes back to the county (as you'd expect), we're right in the middle of T20 season so he won't get much in the way of first class cricket to try and find some form and get wickets.

Fuck me, what a finish to the match. That's how crucial it can be to manage your reviews properly. A brilliant advert to Test cricket and this series isn't going to be easy at all.

• Paid Members

Been on holiday this week and decided to admit my age and take a long-wave radio along with the shorts and straw hat. First time I've ever listened to TMS for an extended time, let alone a full game. Think I picked the right match to start...