The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Nice non controversial day. Agar looked out on the stumping, certainly more out than Bell in the Champions Trophy final. Root would probably have been given not out on review, it didn't look like he hit the ball, but hotspot and snicko have been having a mare. Trott was sawn off. Clearly looks like he hit the ball.

Like I said, non contreversial all the way through.

On the whole Finn debate. He gives away lots more runs than a top flight quick should. I hope Tremlett gets to play a part in the series. I do rate him.

Nice non controversial day. Agar looked out on the stumping, certainly more out than Bell in the Champions Trophy final. Root would probably have been given not out on review, it didn't look like he hit the ball, but hotspot and snicko have been having a mare. Trott was sawn off. Clearly looks like he hit the ball.

Like I said, non contreversial all the way through.

On the whole Finn debate. He gives away lots more runs than a top flight quick should. I hope Tremlett gets to play a part in the series. I do rate him.

I had Agar out on the stumping. Marginal, but out. Sometimes those decisions go on the side of the batsman, sometimes they don't. Root would have been not out had he reviewed it and then Trott being given out baffled me. From what I've seen, the Hotspot technology still had the footage from the Root dismissal lined up ready to go and hadn't been cleared ready for Trott's first ball. Had they had the side angle ready, I suspect we would have seen an edge.

Slight smile on my face to see the on-field umpire shrugging his shoulders when having to give Trott out as if to say he had no idea why the technology hadn't picked up the edge.

A lesson for Agar that you win nothing with slogging. ;) Joking aside, it was an absolutely fantastic innings from him, and I wonder where they'll have him bat in the second innings as he's apparently batted as high as 3 in previous innings. Cook and KP looked pretty set this evening and if they can get through the first half hour or so in the morning, they must be looking to settle in for most of the day and try to make some big scores to take the game away from Australia.

• Paid Members

I reckon Pietersen and Cook will be out in the first half an hour, Prior and the tail will scrape together a lead of about 150, and then Swann will bowl them out for less than 100.

Sorry Harvey!

Watching the highlights this evening, the sheer variety and quality of Agar's shots was amazing. Not a slog at all but a real quality innings. Very exciting for the Aussies, less so for us :(

Still, a pleasingly resolute turn from Cooky and KP. Depends what the weather is like tomorrow they could settle in for a long day that will make Boycott happy.

On that subject, it's weird hearing Boycs on the radio, and then on the tv highlights later. He commentates really differently depending on what media it is. Sounds a lot more lively on the telly coverage.

• Moderators

Lunch, and a lovely flourish from GLY in the last over about how fielders shouldn't be allowed to wear protection because he wasn't allowed to.

It's the batsman's right to disperse the field.

He's probably got a bit of a point to be honest. Anyway, we need some more disciplined and stoic batting here as the ball is really moving in the air. 2.18 RR will do me as is.

Also, why can't Pattinson be as shit as his brother? And as a special lunch time treat, The wonderful Duckworth Lewis Method are going to play this break on TMS.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

Wonderful batting today, especially the gritty 6 hour innings of Bell. A score of 375 might be enough to win this as I reckon Swann will love bowling on this pitch in the 2nd innings. Kudos to an injured Broad on batting so well and not walking so saving his wicket as well.

• Paid Members

Really amusing watching Australia go mad at that Broad dismissal that wasn't given as well. One of the worst umpiring decisions I've ever seen.

Broad's a lovely batsman to watch on the odd occasion he gets going. I reckon we have enough already. One of Bell's very best innings as well.