(Super) Street Fighter IV

bcwdarkside

• Paid Members

Actually, his SF4 isn't up to his HD remix. With Blanka I reckon I could beat him. He's fighting people at around the same points level at him, but now that I'm playing other people around the 1,000-1,5000 mark I'm finding that many of them really aren't very good. I loved Balrog calling Abel an "emo loser". Not seen that quote before. :laugh:

Chuckles, I can recommend nothing but practice if you're totally clueless. Pick a character and stick with them. Not Ken. Although he's easy to learn. But not Ken.

EDIT: Just watched his Balrog play against a Blanka and it was totally frustrating. The Blanka should have murdered him with vertical blanka balls because was jumping all over the place. Plus he did his ultra from the other side of the screen when they both had no health left and the Blanka jumped backwards to inexplicably get twatted by the end of it. Jumping straight up or firing his own ultra back would have won him the game.

He's fighting mediocre opposition on SFIV, so it's really hard to say how good he is.

He fucking rates himself though.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I encountered my first quitter online tonight, Goes by the name of Mik3yflava; He was playing as Ken and quit moments before his inevitable defeat.

Akuma and Abel are both great characters and if played by people who knew how to use them they would easily dominate me online, So far though the majority of people I have come across playing as these characters result in easy victories for me. This is why I don

• Paid Members

There's a guy on XBL with the gamerag "Barry Horrowitz" but sadly he's quite good.

As for the missing thing, I'm totally ducking you to keep my rep intact.

Also

He was playing as Ken

In future, when reading any stories of my matches, please assume that the opponent is Ken unless stated otherwise. It's easier that way.

• Paid Members
Adon features in Sagat's prologue cut-scene if it helps? He gets Tiger destructioned in the face after giving Sagat too much sass. It's a beautiful thing.

No, that's horrible. He's one of the most unique characters they ever created for the series, and they go and dump him? Despicable, especially when you consider the sheer overload of bloody shotos throughout it, cheap bastards. That's why I like Dan - he's a shoto (effectively), but not so cheap as to make the game easy.

So I rented it and.... I'm shit. Admittedly I'm not a beat 'em up expert, and I could never learn off a thousand different button combinations, but I'm pretty good at Tekken... anyways, to continue my random comparison, Tekken feels lose and free, this game is fucking hard to get anywhere in. Honestly, I'm getting my ass handed to me on easy.

Help me JLM, you're my only hope.

I think the best think you can do is go to the challenge modes and then do the first two trials with each of the characters to familiarise yourself with the unique moves and specials, supers and ultra's etc. Once you've learned those basic, just keep playing.

Not sure if you know aswell, (took me a day or two to realise) but at the difficulty selection screen their are also "v.easy" and "easiest" modes available. Just keep playing at that difficulty with a character your comfortable with, and then up the difficulty etc :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

One thing I've always found incredibly frustrating about 2D fighters is cross-ups. People who talk about them talk as if they're a given, yet I for the life of me can't figure them out. They're supposed to be attacks that hit your opponent as you move past them and end up on the other side, behind them, right? How the fuck can you end up behind them? The game just turns them around automatically - is there some kind of magical micro-second you have to spot where they're facing away from you?

• Paid Members
My Blanka was too much at this stage (sorry about the double perfect :blush: ), but I could see potential when he had a chance to do keep-away against my weaker characters. He also bagged a win against my El Fuerte. Man I suck with El Fuerte. :(

Is anyone any good with El Fuerte i just cant get anything out of him bar doing a standard tactics i hate his "run off the ropes" type things and just find him useless.

Archived