(Super) Street Fighter IV

bcwdarkside

• Paid Members
I finally got around to getting the game on friday and I'm finding it incredibly frustrating on the Xbox Control. The gammy analogue stick is starting to really annoy me. Where the best place online to purchase a Joystick pad?

That's tough to answer at the moment. the Madcatz fightpads are in short supply everywhere, as are the Tournament edition fightsticks. MadCatz promise more stock on the way, I think they massively underestimated the demand, or maybe they just couldn't get enough ready in time for launch. Who knows.

The Hori EX2 (which is AWESOME) is in and out of stock every so often at Amazon, so look out for that if you can. It's more expensive than the Fightpads (but much better in my view) and significantly cheaper than the Tournament Edition stick (which is amazing but also a real luxury item for the price). The people who have played me with headset chat on will have heard me clicking and tapping away on my EX2. It's amazing. :love:

You'll just have to keep scouring all the usual retailers and see what you can get hold of. Stock is really hard to come by and any updates have to be acted on immediately or it'll sell out before you get one again. Best of luck, sorry I can't give you a dead-cert source to get any of this stuff.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally got around to getting the game on friday and I'm finding it incredibly frustrating on the Xbox Control. The gammy analogue stick is starting to really annoy me. Where the best place online to purchase a Joystick pad?

I found the analogue stick fine on HD remix, you sure your controller's not just knackered?

I found the analogue stick fine on HD remix, you sure your controller's not just knackered?

Well it could be that actually. Because I've been using my older controller recently. Might try the new one.

JLM is utterly devastating with Blanka.

I'm determined to beat him though, but I know it'll probably be a one off fluke if it ever happens.

I've unlocked a few more achievements and finally unlocked all characters.

I think i've got 380 points out of 1000.

I'm convinced i've done more than 100 supers/ultras but i've not got that achievement yet. I wish there was some way to check!

• Paid Members

Played the UKFF's very own "Four Horsemen" last night. I demolished him. Can't remember the exact amount of games but he chose Sagat for every one and lost to the likes of Dan and Dhalsim. I'm starting to pick up bits with Dhalsim now though i'm far from competent with him. I'll stick to Abel and Balrog, thanks :).

All this fighting talk is making me want to get involved. I'm glad I can finally properly join this discussion, as I now own a copy of the game. Have unlocked everyone except for Seth, which I will do in time. It really is effortless the 3rd time round :)

I'm interested to take on any budding talent the board has. I have much less online experience than JLM and also do not have a strong character I like to play, so will be far less terrifying as a result. That said, Rose and Gouken are itching to be taken into the fray, heh. I have issues with playing online in that I live in a house of 6 other 21 year olds generally doing their thing with our internet connection, but would appreciate anyone who would like a battle sometime. Rather unsurprisingly, my tag is Whinehouse. Spar me! :thumbsup:

Also, AI Rufus on Very Hard seems to be a particularly annoying opponent. I have trouble with his speed and still fairly good defence. He just busts out that kick with impeccable timing all the time, so that my offence was thwarted time after time. Resorted to unconventional means to beat him in the end but what a git he was. Anyone have any difficulty with certain AI characters? Aside from Seth, of course...

Played the UKFF's very own "Four Horsemen" last night. I demolished him. Can't remember the exact amount of games but he chose Sagat for every one and lost to the likes of Dan and Dhalsim. I'm starting to pick up bits with Dhalsim now though i'm far from competent with him. I'll stick to Abel and Balrog, thanks :).

Hold up young man, some of the fights were a lot closer than your portraying, cheeky monkey!!! I've finished it now on easiest and very easy but I still say that Sagat is very under-rated IMO especially the Super Dragon Uppercut or God punch as i've heard it refered to elsewhere.

Anyway the mean streets of Glasgow are calling and im going on the hunt for a Joystick and a copy of Halo 3 as thats been recommended to me on many occasions.

• Paid Members

I actually had an issue on one of the time attack things with Zangief. I had whupped everyone and had a ridiculous amount of spare time built up, only to lose to Zangief at stage ten or eleven and have to start again. Most infuriating. If Zangief is used right he can put up such a wall against Blanka. Spamming his crouching jab blocks Blanka balls, the Lariat and Banishing fist~! beat so many things and if I have my trusty sliding punch sweep blocked it leaves me open to a world of grappling pain. Horrible, horrible match-up.

Time trial 11 or 12 is amazing. I forget which one of the two it is, but it recreates Super Turbo, SF4 style. You fight the classic 8 characters and then the four bosses in order. Everyone has the new version of their classic tune where available and there are no EX moves, Ultras, Focus attacks etc. Just normals, specials and your super. I liked.

Will try and get on again tonight for some battling, usage-rate-of-downstairs-PC permitting.

And no, Sagat is not underrated at all. He is indeed considered to be the strongest character in the game, so much so that on a tier system operating from A to F, Sagat has his very own "S" tier, putting him above absolutely everybody. I guess you might feel he's under-represented compared to some of the more popular Kens Characters, but that's just luck of the draw. Sometimes you'll go on and see a whole lot of Sagats, and this number will only go up as more and more people get wind of his dominance.

As such, everyone else needs anti-Sagat strategies methinks. Aside from his slow walking speed he has literally no weaknesses. Attack/Defense/Specials/Super/Ultra/priority over other characters' attacks, he is astoundingly complete. I'm starting to think there might be another decision to be made about soft-banning him from tournaments like there was with Super Streetfighter 2 Turbo.

• Paid Members

Oh if you totally miss the Tiger Uppercut then you'll get thumped, but that's a case of playing badly rather than a weakness in the character. Nobody has a 100% foolproof set of unpunishable moves. Balrog was pretty close in Super Turbo, which is why they've had to tone him down a fair bit. The Tiger Uppercut is an absolute beast of a move though. It fucks up damn near anything you try against it and is totally dominant if you do it on wake-up. However, if you do it on wake-up every single time (like people do with Ken's flaming dragon punch), then people will block it and they will punish you on the way down.

As a general rule, if you're really good and you use Sagat then you'll win unless the match-up is awful (and he doesn't have many bad match-ups in this game!) or your opponent is exceptional.

If you're really bad and you use Sagat then you'll still be more likely to win than if you use most other characters.

• Moderators
Well.............. I had been told that because of some of the moves Tiger Uppercut for one he sometimes leaves himself open for a lot of combo attacks at times.

As for Seth, what a complete cunt to beat even on the easiest setting 4 goes at least to beat him.

He is a total sucker for sweeps... For the first round at least on easiest you can get away with just alternating between sweeping and focus attacking him and he won't even react.

• Paid Members

My housemate got it for the PS3 and a bunch of us ended up back to mine on at 4am Saturday night stuck it on. Probably the only time I'll ever feel superior playing Street Fighter as I absolutely demolished them all without even using shoto's and spamming fireballs and dragon punches. Good times.

I completed it on Easy with Sagat but on going back through it with other characters, I've found I've had to drop it down to Very Easy. Annoying as I can run through everyone without trouble but Seth's just a cunt after you get a round up on him. I've had near perfects against him in the first round too so it's just infuriating that I can't get the hang of his AI. Ah well...

• Paid Members

I'm starting to notice how occasionally unreliable the xbox analogue stick is. The amount of times i've tried that overarm punch combo with Abel only for him to do something else and stand there to take a beating is ridiculous.

I still don't get how people can struggle with supers and ultras though, they're easy as.

Archived