(Super) Street Fighter IV

bcwdarkside

I gave in and bought this yesterday. I could never get hold of the xbla versions. I'm very poor at the game although I did win both rounds of my second fight hardcore stylee. I've been playing a mate who is god like at this. He won 41 of 43 rounds ha ha. Good thing is that he's like JLM the wise master but pummels me every time. I only let him get one perfect though. I love this game!

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

^ Some of the downloadable costumes that are on the way. Fei Long with the Enter the Dragon scars is fantastic. Balrog's is cool as hell too. Cammy's is ridiculous but she seems designed for nothing but gratuitous buttock shots.

I saw another video with Chun Li dressed like Lei Fang from Dead or Alive and Ryu with his outfit in shreds. Also saw a hatless Bison with his outfit in tatters, which is meant to be Bison after Akuma attempted to kill him. Also Seth has a fittingly shit second costume where he wears some pants. Bleh.

• Paid Members

Played mattshutter tonight, was good fun taking on his Dhalsim.

My Blanka was too much at this stage (sorry about the double perfect :blush: ), but I could see potential when he had a chance to do keep-away against my weaker characters. He also bagged a win against my El Fuerte. Man I suck with El Fuerte. :(

I'm hoping to take on his fully developed Dhalsim one day down the line. A tip that would take too long to type via Xbox: a couple of times you blind-sided me with a teleport but didn't follow up before I could react. I'd imagine a throw or his back + hard punch headbutt would have done some nice free damage there. Don't have a lot of time for anything else though, especially against someone as fast as Blanka.

65 wins from 79 games so far. 3 losses to Sagat, 2 to Cammy and 2 to Zangiefs. Problem opponents all three.

Also met the best player I've encountered so far online. He beat me with the final hit of the third round and we exchanged messages about how close it was, but it was damn hard work to even take it down to the wire. Absolutely terrifying Abel who gave me no space to breathe at all. Also I discovered that a blocked Blanka ball against Abel leaves you open to his ultra, which covers about half the screen when you unleash it. The EX one is safe though. Good to know, because that surprised the hell out of me when he won the first round with it. :(

• Paid Members

I sent you an invite a bit later on but it said you were playing Rock Band 2.

We'll fight again soon enough. Be like water. Boards... don't hit back. Float like an etcetera.

I'm defo gonna buy this and a 360 as it just looks immense. I was a handy player back in the day with Guile. But just for reference JLM. I have been watching the online matches from a guy on youtube. His user name is darksydephil.

Do you think you could beat him, he is pretty handy with his charge characters mainly Blanka and Balrog.

This thread is great by the way

• Paid Members
I'm defo gonna buy this and a 360 as it just looks immense. I was a handy player back in the day with Guile. But just for reference JLM. I have been watching the online matches from a guy on youtube. His user name is darksydephil.

Do you think you could beat him, he is pretty handy with his charge characters mainly Blanka and Balrog.

This thread is great by the way

Jesus Christ what an insufferable prick. He's good, but by god I had to turn the sound off. I like how someone does my occasional Blanka start against him (hard vertical ball to start). He jumps right into it and gets hit, and goes "lol WTF random upwards ball what an idiot". Erm, if it hit you because you predictably jumped in, it's not all that random is it?

As for whether I could beat him, maybe the odd match. He does play at tournament level though. He did lose one of the rounds as Blanka to a Guile player doing simple cross-ups, then blamed it on non existent lag, which was hilarious. Also the same guy hits him with three flash kicks in a row, which he dismisses as "random flash kicks". They hit him every single time and are timed to counter his rushing in, but the guy's still a dumb n00b for doing it. :rolleyes:. Also his forced laugh makes me want to stab him in the eye.

There are beat'em up nerds (me), and there are people who think being better at games makes you a better human being (him). What a douchebag.

So I rented it and.... I'm shit. Admittedly I'm not a beat 'em up expert, and I could never learn off a thousand different button combinations, but I'm pretty good at Tekken... anyways, to continue my random comparison, Tekken feels lose and free, this game is fucking hard to get anywhere in. Honestly, I'm getting my ass handed to me on easy.

Help me JLM, you're my only hope.

Archived