UKFF You Think You're Funny But You're Not Award 2008

tiger_rick

Who is not funny?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Quite the backlash aganst frank there! I've been privy to the nominations in the paid members forum and I'm still surprised to see him nominated.

Edited by JLM

• Moderators

This one is definitely between A&A and dangerously420; anyone could see that.

I've gone for dangerously420, because whilst A&A does try a bit too hard he actually does make me laugh sometimes, too.

Dangerously420 has never said something that was intentionally funny, and rarely says things that are unintentionally funny.

• Paid Members
I would put forth the idea that I don't think I'm funny thus don't qualify for this award but that's a lie, I'm a comedy fucking genius.

Thanks.

The public are a bunch of fickle cunts, I'm afraid. Don't let the dream die, my man.

I am appalled that frank is in this list. Granted he hasn't posted as much as he used to this past year, but that doesn't mean that he becomes unfunny. It just means your not laughing because he hasn't posted anything for you to laugh about. If anything he should be laziest poster of the year.

• Paid Members
I am appalled that frank is in this list. Granted he hasn't posted as much as he used to this past year, but that doesn't mean that he becomes unfunny. It just means your not laughing because he hasn't posted anything for you to laugh about. If anything he should be laziest poster of the year.

I think people nominate Frank and Just Me because they try too hard with every post to be funny and end up not being. Personally, I don't think frank is funny. The only funny thing he's ever posted was that great application to be Jodie Marsh's gigolo. Same with Just Me, it's all obvious gags and puns. Some people will find it funny, good for them, I don't and others don't. I prefer people who post because they have something to say and are generally witty in the way they express themselves rather than people who post joke, joke, joke, joke and hit the mark every now and then.

• Moderators

I think people nominate Frank and Just Me because they try too hard with every post to be funny and end up not being. Personally, I don't think frank is funny. The only funny thing he's ever posted was that great application to be Jodie Marsh's gigolo. Same with Just Me, it's all obvious gags and puns. Some people will find it funny, good for them, I don't and others don't. I prefer people who post because they have something to say and are generally witty in the way they express themselves rather than people who post joke, joke, joke, joke and hit the mark every now and then.

The fuck are his puns obvious. He has some intricate-ass word play going on at times.

Even still, I agree with the general sentiment.... I find them both to be funny, but find, for example, JLM much funnier because I actually have a sense of his personality. When you get the occasional Just Me post that is actually serious I find myself re-reading it to see where I missed the subtle pun until I realise there wasn't one....

But these kind of preferences are what it's like with comedy... I could never consider the kind of stand-ups who just reel off one-liners to be as good as those who deliver intelligent observational material, but they'll still have some funny jokes.

Being beaten senseless with stupid joke after stupid joke can be be pretty appropriate at times. Everyone loves Airplane, right? And I like it when threads descend into stupid punfests.

I am appalled that frank is in this list. Granted he hasn't posted as much as he used to this past year, but that doesn't mean that he becomes unfunny. It just means your not laughing because he hasn't posted anything for you to laugh about.

I agree with this.

When you get the occasional Just Me post that is actually serious I find myself re-reading it to see where I missed the subtle pun until I realise there wasn't one....

It's a dilemma. No serious posts = "OMG, gimmick account." Serious posts = "Where's the punchline?"

So, er, yeah - insert pun here~!

When you get the occasional Just Me post that is actually serious I find myself re-reading it to see where I missed the subtle pun until I realise there wasn't one....

Same here - it's like if Harry Hill appeared on a panel show and just made serious points with no laffs. Even if what Just Me posts is interesting, I feel disappointed it's not funny.