What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Has anyone else been watching American Horror Story?

It's starting here tomorrow night at 10pm on FX and it's well worth watching - very well acted and surprisingly scary for a TV show.

I had just come on here to ask if it was worth watching. Problem is my Sky planner is ridiculously low atm because I've got the current runs of Treme, Romanzo Criminale, Boardwalk and Blue Bloods that I haven't got round to watching yet. I've managed to keep up with the Six Feet Under rerun and The Walking Dead at least. Too much telly.

Edited by Sergio Bellend

• Paid Members
I've recorded all series 2 episodes of Boardwalk so far. Does it pick up quite a bit then? Because I felt the first season, while it started off very well, really fizzed out toward the end.

Oh yes! Season 2 is a huge step up from season 1 (which I really liked, but I LOVE season 2). It has the great slow character moments of season 1 but also so far has had alot of big hard hitting dramatic moments which season 2 often lacked. Episode 5 of season 2 is one of the best hours of TV you are likely to see anywhere in my opinion.

Also, it has alot of Richard Harrow and a fair bit more of Chalky White. Can't go wrong.

Edited by LaGoosh

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah,really enjoying the new season.

The first few episodes with Ashton were a bit wobbly as he came to terms with the character (and was over exposed by the episodes being 85% Walden Schmidt), but it's settled down, the episodes are more balanced and the last two have been as good, if not better than anything they've done before (mainly because Jon Cryer is incredible, and possibly the hardest working man on television. He eeks out comedy from every word/manneurism)..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

My wife has been trying to persist with it, but watching it is painful for me. It's like trying to flog a dead horse. I'm open minded and trying to enjoy it for what it is, but it's poor in my opinion. I don't like Ashton Kutcher's character at all, really isn't interesting. Alan is working his arse off to carry this (as the son has been shit since he grew up), and it's showing.

I caught a some show on sci fy called warehouse 13, never expected much from it but to my surprise i'm actually enjoying it.

can't believe thats donny from frasier

Edited by buba3d

• Paid Members

Come Dine With Me was golden tonight.

ComeDineWithMeCroyden.jpg

Professional Deer Stalker Christian Viola is the greatest contestant ever. Absolute cunt of a man, but brilliant TV none the less. Lulu has a sausage neck and the blonde is just vile. The Italian bloke has some great facial hair and reminded me of Dev from Corrie.

This one is up there with the 'Roadkill' episode.

• Paid Members

Ahh, it must have been an E4 one, then.

Come Dine With Me is an endless source of entertainment, it never gets boring. The Roadkill one was completely amazing, though.