What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Deadliest Warrior: They've made some stupid decisions, but its fucking awesome!

I enjoy watching that too. I laugh out how the yanks take themselves so seriously lol Imagine if there was a British version done by Channel 4 with people from Time Team ;)

I've spent several weeks laughing at The Giant Metal Cock Knife. Not sure of the correct name, but it was a tribal thing, something to do with fertility? Death By Giant Metal Cock Knife is now the funniest means of death in Leicester.

EDIT: I've also been enjoying The Life And Times Of Tim. Its definitely for the lolz!!!!111!!

Edited by thejeffjarrettone

• Moderators
Man V Food

I like to think I could actually do some of those challenges. Given the right circumstances I have a predigious appetite. Some of the chilli based ones are just stupid though.

One of my favourite shows. I did consider doing a Man Vs Food UK... no camera, just me and a 'bring it on' attitude.

This weekend one of my mates undertook a food challenge, inspired by Man vs Food.

He attempted to eat a 500g lamb burger sandwiched between two Chicago Town 4 cheese mini pizzas, with chips and a side salad, and drink 4 pints within the space of an hour.

Sadly he got very close but didn't quite make it to the end.

Doesn't quite do the size of the burger justice, but -

20100912_004.jpg

Man V Food

I like to think I could actually do some of those challenges. Given the right circumstances I have a predigious appetite. Some of the chilli based ones are just stupid though.

One of my favourite shows. I did consider doing a Man Vs Food UK... no camera, just me and a 'bring it on' attitude.

This weekend one of my mates undertook a food challenge, inspired by Man vs Food.

He attempted to eat a 500g lamb burger sandwiched between two Chicago Town 4 cheese mini pizzas, with chips and a side salad, and drink 4 pints within the space of an hour.

Sadly he got very close but didn't quite make it to the end.

Doesn't quite do the size of the burger justice, but -

20100912_004.jpg

I am guessing this is a home made conncocotion rather than an actual restraunt challenge? That looks vicious though....

I've just discovered Rules of Engagement. I've always liked David Spade and Patrick Warburton is a class act. I've been watching them in order and am at the end of series 2, quality stuff.

I heard someone mention that Him & Her shite. I've watched both episodes and in a TV show you need someone to have at least one redeeming quality, but everyone in the program is unlikeable as fuck. I'll probably watch the next episodes in the hope it gets better. It won't.

The King is Dead is a cool format, not been brilliant but when you're bored and there's nothing else on the IPlayer I've watched it.

I heard someone mention that Him & Her shite. I've watched both episodes and in a TV show you need someone to have at least one redeeming quality, but everyone in the program is unlikeable as fuck. I'll probably watch the next episodes in the hope it gets better. It won't.

I've avoided watching the second one yet. I take it it doesn't pick up then?

• Paid Members

Chinese Food In Minutes. I fucking love Chinese cooking, I don't know why but I do and this is a nice way to see some different stuff. I'm determined to give some a go ASAP.

Its odd for me as I hate TV cooks, this one included in truth, but the food just looks too good on the whole.

Chinese Food In Minutes. I fucking love Chinese cooking, I don't know why but I do and this is a nice way to see some different stuff. I'm determined to give some a go ASAP.

Its odd for me as I hate TV cooks, this one included in truth, but the food just looks too good on the whole.

I've found myself watching this at 4 or 5 in the morning whenever i can't sleep and i think i might be getting a little addicted to it as i also love Chinese food.

• Paid Members

Anyone seen the American show Bored to Death? Started watching it recently, stars Jason Schwartzman as the lead, Zach Gafinalikseskiskiskis (the beareded one from the hangover) and Ted Danson as Schwartzman's pot smoking, womanising, slightly alcoholic boss. Basically Schwartzmann girlfriend leaves hin because he drinks too much and smokes pot too much and he has problems writing his second novel, to get some excitement in life he puts an add on craigslist for an unoffical private detective. It's quite funny and iv'e really enjoyed it, particularly Danson who is very good in his role. HBO renewed it for a second series and it starts sometime next week in the US.

• Paid Members

I've been rewatching Murder One for the first time in about 12 or 13 years, and it is still absolutely fantastic. Easily the best legal drama series that I've ever seen, Daniel Benzali is absolutely tremendous in it and I really don't understand how this has been his only major and notable role in his career. Well worth investing in, but forget series 2.

I've avoided watching the second one yet. I take it it doesn't pick up then?

Other than introduce a new character, Billie Pipers mum from Doctor Who, who I may add should be added to the MILF thread. Plus the guys mum. No, it doesn't pick up. At all. Its the lads birthday, he's in bed, ill while the others convince him to go out. Its horribly boring.

To be fair the end is quite good, ties up a lot from the episode but its not enough to save it. No-one on the show is likeable at all. The weird bearded guy from down the hall, I dunno if I'm supposed to feel sorry for him that he's so desperate to hang around with these losers, or be annoyed with him like they are.

Anyone seen the American show Bored to Death? Started watching it recently, stars Jason Schwartzman as the lead, Zach Gafinalikseskiskiskis (the beareded one from the hangover) and Ted Danson as Schwartzman's pot smoking, womanising, slightly alcoholic boss. Basically Schwartzmann girlfriend leaves hin because he drinks too much and smokes pot too much and he has problems writing his second novel, to get some excitement in life he puts an add on craigslist for an unoffical private detective. It's quite funny and iv'e really enjoyed it, particularly Danson who is very good in his role. HBO renewed it for a second series and it starts sometime next week in the US.

I watched this earlier in the year, really enjoyed it as well. Never knew about a second series starting, thanks for the info!

• Paid Members

just finished watching Breaking Bad Season 1, great show but the Season was stupidly short (7 episodes - think it might something have to do with the writer's strike), thankfully Season 2 has happened so i can get on that straight away :)

think i might get on Lost Season 4 now, ive gotta finish it.

While taking a break from The X Files for a while, I decided to go and give Smallville a shot from the start.

I've reached season 3, and the final lot of episodes of that season have me absolutely gripped. So many plots that I'm way into. The stuff with Lex Luther in particular has me way into it.