What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Began watching Luther on BBC1 over the last couple of weeks. Basically it's a stubborn murder detective who's a followed around by a psychopath named Alice. It's been pretty good so far, although I don't think there's many episodes to go.

Also; The Scheme. Watch it even if you're not Scottish, but put your subtitles on. It's hilarious.

I'm currently addicted to Man v Food on the Good Food channel. Looks like they're showing new episodes at 9pm all this week.

EDIT: Just noticed steve mentioned it on the previous page. It's still a fucking riot though, and Adam - the presenter - is brilliant.

Edited by freaky

After 10 series i'm still sticking with C.S.I, i've enjoyed this series a lot more than the last now that i've got over the departures of William Peterson and Gary Dourden and we've seen Jorja Fox return to the show. Plus i think now Laurence Fishburne has finally found his feet and seems a lot more comfortable in the lead role.

I really enjoyed last nights episode which featured a great guest apperance from Jennifer Tilly and i'm really into the "Dr Jekyll" story arc which i can't wait to see concluded especially as they've been dropping all kinds of hints that Laurence's character is involved in a big way and that he's hiding something from his past.

Began watching Luther on BBC1 over the last couple of weeks. Basically it's a stubborn murder detective who's a followed around by a psychopath named Alice. It's been pretty good so far, although I don't think there's many episodes to go.

I'm a bit behind and have only watched the first couple of episodes and my feelings are a bit mixed. Luther himself is just like every other cop on TV ever-shady problems in the past, marital problems and a tendency for violent outbursts. The stories so far have been fine, but I will reserve total judgement on them until the end.

The star of the programme for me is that Alice Morgan. First reason, she is unbelievably hot, and secondly because she just seems to nail that psycho character totally, and makes her believable. Kind of like a female Randy Orton.

• Paid Members
After 10 series i'm still sticking with C.S.I, i've enjoyed this series a lot more than the last now that i've got over the departures of William Peterson and Gary Dourden and we've seen Jorja Fox return to the show. Plus i think now Laurence Fishburne has finally found his feet and seems a lot more comfortable in the lead role.

I really enjoyed last nights episode which featured a great guest apperance from Jennifer Tilly and i'm really into the "Dr Jekyll" story arc which i can't wait to see concluded especially as they've been dropping all kinds of hints that Laurence's character is involved in a big way and that he's hiding something from his past.

Me too on that one, its a nice ongoing background story like the miniature killer story last year or year before and his history twist adds some intrigue. And Laurence Fishburne has really grown on me, a really interesting character well played. He will never look as cool as he did playing Ike Turner though

3523979059_995c766a1b.jpg

I'm not too fussed on Fox one way or another, I do want William "ace in Manhunter" Peterson back though. He was the show.

Edited by Tommy!

Dentist yesterday, had a couple of fillings (went straight edge for it), so chilled out watching 3 In A Bed on 4, followed by Junior Apprentice.

3 In A Bed - anyone else see it? The farmhouse wife was so masculine, easy to mistake her for the landlord's son :p

A shame the posh lad went on JA, liked him, had some funny facial expressions. I get the impression the mature looking juniors have a better chance of winning. That hip chick who sells vintage clothing has a good chance.

3 In a Bed was excellent this week purely for the ridiculousness of that snobby couple. The typical middle class alcoholic wife, and the stupid husband.

Oh yeah Face Jacker, yay or nay?

Yay all the way, having been a big Fonejacker fan I wondered if it would work, but in Brian Badonde he's created one of my favourite characters for quite some time

• Paid Members
3 In a Bed was excellent this week purely for the ridiculousness of that snobby couple. The typical middle class alcoholic wife, and the stupid husband.

Oh yeah Face Jacker, yay or nay?

Yay all the way, having been a big Fonejacker fan I wondered if it would work, but in Brian Badonde he's created one of my favourite characters for quite some time

I concur. Brian Badonde is absolute genius.

Just finished watching Season 2 of Parks and Recreation. Its turned into an excellent show. Ron Swanson is surely in the top 3 best characters on TV today. Every line he says is gold. The rest of the supporting cast are all great (Tom Haverford being the standout), and the main character is excellently done as well. The April and Andy love story was excellently done this season, too. The fact they can add new characters easily should mean this show can easily stay for another couple of seasons, and still stay fresh.

Dentist yesterday, had a couple of fillings (went straight edge for it), so chilled out watching 3 In A Bed on 4, followed by Junior Apprentice.

A shame the posh lad went on JA, liked him, had some funny facial expressions. I get the impression the mature looking juniors have a better chance of winning. That hip chick who sells vintage clothing has a good chance.

I wasnt sure how I would take to Junior Apprentice, but it has been equally as compelling as its more senior counterpart.

Whilst the lad who went last night wasnt that good (although he surprised me in the boardroom), he really was hung out to dry by the rest of his team, who just seemed happy to fail and pin it on the PM. He was also the youngest looking 17 year old I have ever seen.

Got annoyed that the old favourite 'let me be PM next week' line was wheeled out to save Beardy from the chop. Next time someone comes out with that Sugar should just give them the boot.

Is it Zoe who sells the Vintage Clothing? The girl who was dressed as a cupcake last night. Appears too much of a one trick pony for me. My moneys on the Scottish girl whos name I forget, or Emma.

• Paid Members
Watched The Office season finale last night, and was really, really impressed with it. One of the best episodes of the season. The scene in the plane with Michael and Jo pretty much summed up everything that is so fantastic about the show, and the cliffhanger of sorts was a unspectactularly nice way to end the season. Nick the IT guy's outburst was really funny too. Season 6 has been the weakest in a while, but for me the good has still outweighed the bad in huge numbers, and there's still more than enough mileage to justify Season 7. I've got an inkiling that could be the last though. Steve Carrell has said he is likely not to renew his contract which expires in 2011, so there's really no need to carry it on past then.

I think they should carry on regardless of Carrell. It's not the Michael Scott show, after all. Jim, Pam and Dwight could carry the load for the "I only like the people who were in season one" crowd while a new boss is integrated. I think The Office could be like ER as far as revolving cast members go. I liked the last episode, but then I've always found The Office pretty strong.

Carrell is the shows MVP. They could carry on without him but I think the show would die quickly. The supporting cast cant carry it. Dwights character is pretty burnt out in my opinion and Jim and Pam are no where near as interesting as they were before they

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

got together, married and had a baby. (Spoilered just in case people are watching it at Comedy Central UK pace.)

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

To me the show was gold seasons 2- 4 and has been slowly drifting into hit/miss, mediocrity since. The finale was okay with a couple of smiles from me, but thats it. They're a long way from excellent episodes.

I think season 7 will be a great place to end it. I think the last two seasons lacked direction, but the cliffhanger at the end presents a season 7 finale goal. I'd like to see that reached and for the show to end there. That sounds negative but I love the show and dont want later average episodes to discount the greatness of the earlier fantasic episodes.

Watched The Office season finale last night, and was really, really impressed with it. One of the best episodes of the season. The scene in the plane with Michael and Jo pretty much summed up everything that is so fantastic about the show, and the cliffhanger of sorts was a unspectactularly nice way to end the season. Nick the IT guy's outburst was really funny too. Season 6 has been the weakest in a while, but for me the good has still outweighed the bad in huge numbers, and there's still more than enough mileage to justify Season 7. I've got an inkiling that could be the last though. Steve Carrell has said he is likely not to renew his contract which expires in 2011, so there's really no need to carry it on past then.

I think they should carry on regardless of Carrell. It's not the Michael Scott show, after all. Jim, Pam and Dwight could carry the load for the "I only like the people who were in season one" crowd while a new boss is integrated. I think The Office could be like ER as far as revolving cast members go. I liked the last episode, but then I've always found The Office pretty strong.

Carrell is the shows MVP. They could carry on without him but I think the show would die quickly. The supporting cast cant carry it. Dwights character is pretty burnt out in my opinion and Jim and Pam are no where near as interesting as they were before they

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

got together, married and had a baby. (Spoilered just in case people are watching it at Comedy Central UK pace.)

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

To me the show was gold seasons 2- 4 and has been slowly drifting into hit/miss, mediocrity since. The finale was okay with a couple of smiles from me, but thats it. They're a long way from excellent episodes.

I think season 7 will be a great place to end it. I think the last two seasons lacked direction, but the cliffhanger at the end presents a season 7 finale goal. I'd like to see that reached and for the show to end there. That sounds negative but I love the show and dont want later average episodes to discount the greatness of the earlier fantasic episodes.

Agree completely, with all of it. I remember Scrubs fans saying similar things with regards to a show without JD. Not that I'm comparing the two shows, obviously. I would be totally happy for it to go out on a high, rather than wither and falter should anything rock the status quo, such as Michael's leaving.

Again, spoilered for anyone at the ridiculous UK pace:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I remember thinking how amazing it was that after using up the PB&J story, they stumbled into a brand new one with Michael and Holly. There's not an Office fan I know that doesn't place the most emotional investment in a conclusion for these two, and I think we can all agree it would be a fantastic way to end the show.