What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I'd say mostly answer B there, Joe. It's not awful, but it's...actually, it is pretty awful.

Sanctuary season 2 is here, and it's riproaringly good. I love how on a pittance of the budget SGU has, it manages to be much more interesting and fun to watch. But that's just me.

Oh, my housemate has now compared SGU to a disaster movie, but one that goes on for ever. That is not a good thing. He's only sticking with it due to a slightly obsessive love for all sci-fi.

Isn't Sanctuary unbelievably cheesy though? I watched quite a few episodes of the first series, and it's one of those scifi/fantasy series that makes you wonder if you should just grow up and stop watching such rubbish. Plus it had the Shermanator in it.

I absolutely would tap Amanda Tapping though, as a brunette she's even more fit.

Isn't Sanctuary unbelievably cheesy though? I watched quite a few episodes of the first series, and it's one of those scifi/fantasy series that makes you wonder if you should just grow up and stop watching such rubbish. Plus it had the Shermanator in it.

I absolutely would tap Amanda Tapping though, as a brunette she's even more fit.

Some of the earlier episodes are a bit cheesy, but it grows into quite a fine little series by the end, and series 2 is even better, I think. It's got a cool basic idea, and I suppose your mileage may vary on whether you find the quite mannered nature the main characters speak in cheesy or not (to be fair, they are all supposed to be 100+ years old). It's entertained me, at least.

The last episode of The Office (6.06 - The Lover) was one of the best ones ever. Every now and then, the show teases falling from its former glory, but this was a 21 minute power house. Laugh out loud funny, great character moments, great writing. Virtually flawless. I never thought another show could be better than AD, but 106 episodes in and still this good, I don't think anything can touch The Office now. Phenomenal.

• Paid Members

So Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is all over for me. It's a shame. I'll miss quite a lot of things about it. Summer Glau's Cameron in particular, but I ended up liking most of the cast and characters to some extent. Shirley Manson was ooutstanding in season 2, Lena Headey was great from the start and I liked the Derek Reese character. It's a shame they had to go with a rush-job ending that left things on a very unsatisfying note and I'd have enjoyed one more season of it. Shame.

Dexter Season 4 is brilliant so far (seen the first 4 episodes). SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

John Lithgow is creepy as all hell. Amazing stuff from him. His first kill is genuinely chilling. I think it helps that I never really watched 3rd Rock from the Sun though. I recognised him from it but can easily separate him from his character on that as I don't know it well. I forget which episode they did it in, but the bit where they recreate the opening sequence and have it all fucked up because Dexter's sleep-deprived was a cool touch. The episode with the murderous police woman was excellent from start to finish as well. Much better than S3 so far, I hope they keep it up.

The Cleveland Show is improving by the week. I know the reactions have been very mixed but I like it so far. Family Guy's first three episodes have been pretty solid as well. Good stuff.

Also watched episode 2 of Dollhouse last night. Liking it quite a bit. The scientist dude who does the erasing is the most Joss Whedon-y character ever. Eliza Dushku is generally great at doing things, and the inclusion of Amy Acker (who somehow looks even hotter with scars on her face) can only be a bonus. I shall stick with this until it one day gets cancelled on me.

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

Oh I don't know, sorry. I downloaded Season 1 of Dollhouse ages ago and only got round to watching the second episode last night. I am totally lost with TV schedules now because I just get complete seasons and watch them at my own erratic pace. Wish I hadn't started Dexter S4 for that reason; I have to wait for new episodes each week now. :(

• Paid Members

Season 4 of Dexter so far is hot shit. Even the side plots are entertaining this year (which barely happens in Dexter ever) and I hope it continues. Also, the last episode had a crazy cliffhanger which Dexter has never really done that often. The Trinity Killer is very quickly becoming the best thing the show has ever done.

I'm more of a DVD viewer than a television viewer. I didn't think that anything could ever come close to the brilliance of The Sopranos or The Wire (can never separate which comes first in my pecking order) but I have to say that season five of The Shield is utterly compelling. Just about to watch the final episode now.

As for actual television, I'm another enjoying Eastbound and Down on FX. With lacking the ability or desire to download shows I am also finding the return of Curb Your Enthusiasm to be a grace. I've found myself watching Flash Forward, almost wanting it to fail to live up to the hype. I snigger down at the cheesy dialogue and sigh through all of the insane plot twists; yet I can't help but want to watch the next episode.