What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Aside from Yvonne Strahovski, I couldn't find any redeeming features in it at all.

Dude, does there need to be anything else?!!!

I would say with the second series the padding out of the Buy More characters make it better than the first. Some genuinely brilliant moments with them all, especially Jeff and Lester

Edited by GalaxyV.2

• Paid Members

I done finished Season 1 of True Blood.

Loved it.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I didn't clock who the killer was until an episode or two before the reveal. I'll kind of miss the Rene character. "Cajun dialect for actors" was a pretty hilarious bit of evidence. Might as well have had "How to strangle women who associate with vampires" on DVD as well.

Paquin is tremendous, Lafayette is great (I truly hope I've been swerved and he's not dead! No spoilers please!), Frank Sobotka is in it and everything is all pacey and gripping and lots of fun. Oh, and Erik is cool as fuck. He looks and sounds more bad-ass than anyone in Blade, Buffy and especially Twilight. Governor Devlin from Oz as the vampire judge character was pretty cool too. Stephen Moyer is kewl too, the Paquin-snaring scamp.

Also Paquin nudity. And Lizzy Caplan nudity! Why the hell did nobody tell me there was Lizzy Caplan nudity?

I'm going to wait for season 2 to finish airing and then grab the whole lot.

Next up, my season 1 Dollhouse download finished last night, and I've just started on season 3 of Weeds. When I get married it will be to a wife who drinks iced coffee from Starbucks and chews on the straw as she does so. After Weeds S3 I have season 2 of Dexter to work on. Falling asleep watching these amazing bits of television is better than romcoms for the time being. Them Americans sure makes some good shows.

Oh, and I watched Land of the lost volcano last night, but I started a new thread about that.

• Moderators

Damn, I'm itching to read your spoilerific comments, but I'm only a few episodes in and won't get to watch another episode for a while... I'm watching it with a friend and she is away on her honeymoon. Stupid marriage getting in the way of my tv viewing!

Finally caught a couple episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia after having heard good things about it for quite some time, and I am impressed. I'll definitely be watching more of this.

I recently ploughed through the first 5 seasons of Entourage and I really loved it. Particularly Ari Gold and Johnny Drama of course. I'M BUGGING OUT!!!!

As it happens, one of my buddies has recently acquired the nickname Lloyd (as in Ari's gay assistant), much to his chagrin. He hates it so much; it's brilliant. haha.

I've also watched a few episodes of The Life and Times of Tim which is a quirky animation that reminds me a little of Dr Katz at times. It's pretty odd, but episodes are split into 2 short stories and there's enough funny moments to keep me watching. I'd say it's worth checking out and you'll know quite soon if it's your cup of tea or not. The priest character is brilliant. I hope he comes back for more episodes.

TV show watching might start to get limited soon though, as the new NFL season is starting this week....

• Paid Members

I want a big torrent with all of them in because I'm too lazy to get individual episodes and we have ricockulous download speeds at the minute. Early next week should be good if the finale is Sunday.

• Paid Members

Ghosthunting With The Happy Mondays on ITV2 tonight is the funniest thing I've seen all year. Peep Show will do well to top Bez swigging from a whiskey bottle and going, "Come on lost souls, let's 'ave it!"

• Paid Members

After the awesomeness that was Psychoville.. I decided to rewatch the 3 League of Gentlemen series'. Still as great as it was when I first watched it all those years back.

Even though Papa Lazarou only featured in 2 episodes, he's one of my favourite sketch character!

Now I have the Christmas Special, the Live Theatre show, and the movie to watch!

• Paid Members
Finished Season 2 of Dexter last week. Top top stuff, better than Season 1.

Working on this at the moment. Five episodes in so far and it's good stuff. I shall wait until the end of the season before getting rambly about it though.

I have now finished season 3 and season 4 of Weeds and I'm a few episodes into S5. What a fantastic show. S5 is freaking me out a bit because Shane has had a growth spurt and his voice has broken. So wrong. Other than that I have few other gripes, except that SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

throughout S4 and the early episodes of S5 I've really missed Conrad. Romany Malco should be in more things. I understand they had to move on and the will they/won't they dynamic can get old fast,and I also understand that there's no real storyline reason for him to be in it any more, but I still miss the character a lot.

Finish Dexter S2, then Weeds S5, then I start Dollhuse in earnest. The hour or two before falling asleep is fast becoming a favourite time of day.

On the comedy front I'd recommend Party Down, a sitcom from Veronica Mars-creator Rob Thomas. And starring (or guest starring) half the cast of VM.

On the drama front, I need some advice. Now that The Wire's finished and there's one episode of Deadwood left on Sky3, I need to start watching something else.

What should I go for, people? The options are these:

Weeds

Oz

Spooks

Mad Men

The Shield

Six Feet Under

• Paid Members

Did anyone watch Keith Meets Keith tonight? It's a prime example of why Keith Allen really needs to be on TV more, but it was also quite sad to see how old Keith Floyd was looking now. Nice constant use of The Stranglers tracks too.

• Paid Members
On the comedy front I'd recommend Party Down, a sitcom from Veronica Mars-creator Rob Thomas. And starring (or guest starring) half the cast of VM.

On the drama front, I need some advice. Now that The Wire's finished and there's one episode of Deadwood left on Sky3, I need to start watching something else.

What should I go for, people? The options are these:

Weeds

Oz

Spooks

Mad Men

The Shield

Six Feet Under

Oz is a fantastic and brutal show that goes off into the rails of total wackiness by season 4. But I recommend it.

I've recently started The Shield but after The Wire find it incredibly unrealistic and stupid. I'll wait till I finish the first season before I make my mind up though.

Did anyone watch Keith Meets Keith tonight? It's a prime example of why Keith Allen really needs to be on TV more, but it was also quite sad to see how old Keith Floyd was looking now. Nice constant use of The Stranglers tracks too.

They could give him a whole series of interviews, but he won't get anyone who's the least bit supersticious on there!

I'm nearing the end of my Lost rewatch. I'm not watching season 5 until it comes out on DVD, but I'm loving it as much as the first time. Can't wait for season 6.

Once I've finished that I treated my self to the complete x-files set. Having only seen a handful of episodes over the years (which were all great) I finally went for it and bought the set. Almost a weeks worth of uninterupted x-files in that box, so it should last me a long time.