What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

Zack was on Pete Holmes' podcast recently, rubbishing the whole book as a load of nonsense. To further out myself as someone who inexplicably knows too much about this shit, Screech was a couple of years younger than the rest of the cast, who were all buff and sexy, so he was sidelined as the lame little nerd kid and never got to join in any of the fun. Also, he used to be in a band called Salty the Pocket-Knife who were a terrible Primus ripoff.

I haven't Googled any of this. All off the top of my head :(

• Paid Members

Even better as a kid, Dustin Diamond was a gun collector (I assume his parents were the collectors), according to a guy who did loads of extras work on SBTB, Screech's off camera hobby was firing off guns.

• Paid Members

Watched the whole run of SBTB and the College Years last year with my 8 year old. She loved it as much as I did 25 years ago or whatever it was.

The College Years is decent, I think. Pity it didn't carry on. Jessie and Lisa are the worst characters in the orig so it loses nothing without them. Kelly at that point is about the most perfect a woman I've ever seen in my life or ever will.

We tried watching The New Class. It's shitter than I remember. It gets a bit better when the swiss bloke Brian comes in it. They just blatantly reproduce the original formula. He's no Zack though.

I've got Good Morning, Miss Bliss but I've never watched it.

• Moderators

Here's an ace SBTB thing. Some people made a fan film about tracking down Mr. Belding's cool, yet flighty younger brother, Rod Belding.

http://www.savedbythebelding.com/

They didn't get to go rafting, but they did get the better Belding :')

Bullshit, look at this cool motherfucker.

166670_606942769884_6436128_n.jpg

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Moderators

Plays by his own rules and with stewardesses. What did people think of the senior year? Namely Kelly and Jesse fucking off for half the episodes replaced by Tori, a woman in a leather jacket who looked like a lesbian who turned out to be a lesbian. Weak episodes, especially the one where they start a doowop band.

• Paid Members

It's weak. Couple of decent eps. They can't decide what to do with Zach. He's after Kelly, then Lisa, Jessie, Tori, Slater's sister. Surprised he didn't try to fuck Mrs B in that broken lift.

• Moderators

I just added the complete SBTB box set to my Amazon wishlist and tweeted that if anyone buys it me, I'll write an expansive SBTB book. Seems funny now, presumably less so if someone with a lot of disposable income decides to fuck up my next year.

I am very impulsive :(

• Paid Members

Does Zach acknowledge his married in college years?

New Class was always intriguing because after seeing every episode Nickelodeon had to offer of the original it felt fresh. Especially with the revolving cast until Trouble seemingly only had a handful of episodes and choosing to only air them early in morning.

Edited by Fox Piss

• Awards Moderator
Does Zach acknowledge his married in college years?

The wedding took place after College Years, didn't it?

I wasn't ever that keen on the Tori episodes - and I couldn't figure out where they fit into the chronology. (Aside from the obvious 'Nickelodeon are showing them in order' thing, they just didn't seem to fit.) Why did they do that, anyway? Was there a problem getting Tiffani Thiessen and Elizabeth Berkley back, or something? Once they were back for the last run before graduation, it was a pretty good set of episodes, if I recall.

It's the Murder Mystery episode that always seems to be one of the first that comes to mind when I think of SBTB. The 'Zack Attack' what-if-we-had-a-famous-band episode is probably my least favourite.

All I can recall of the New Class is that possibly there was a guy called Tommy something and that Screech had ended up the assistant principal somehow...

• Paid Members

Just checked and your right H.G.

Remember reading that Dustins book claimed the higher ups got Mario Lopez of a rape charge and Tiffany was sleeping with producers.

• Moderators

Just realised the names Richard and Rodney Belding.

Dick and Rod Bell.

Bit of New Class trivia. Weasel Wyzell is now a blind famous hit shot lawyer.

Edited by PowerButchi