What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The comics are terrible as well. The plotting's alright in general but the pacing is pretty wayward, and the dialogue in them is some of the worst I've ever seen -- basically on a constant par with that fishing scene. It's as on-the-nose bad as you'd expect to see in an old superhero comic, but for an 'adult' title it's atrocious. The TV show usually doesn't get quite as bad as the comics, but that's not exactly anything to be proud of. Writing conversations isn't Kirkman's strong suit.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

This years X-Factor has been particularly dull. (Let the jokes commence) I felt last year had more characters that stood out, like them or hate them, whereas this year's does feel much flatter.

First, I don't get all the love for Hannah. She's not a bad singer by any stretch, but the judges and other personalities on the show keep hailing her as if she's flawless. She's not, and she's nothing we haven't seen before. Don't get it. Abi looks totally uncomfortable when she doesn't have a piano to hand, but when she does she's fantastic. Tamera has potential, but when she isn't singing she just comes across as lazy, so I'm not sure if she's got the willingness to put 100% into it.

The first three to go (Lorna, Shelly and Miss Dynamix) were lucky to make it to live shows in the first place, so I'm glad that deadwood has been shifted. Actually, I thought Dynamix were better than Hannah in the sing-off, alas the infatuation with Hannah should see her go quite far.

Sam Callahan actually seems quite likeable, but his vocals are wretched. Luke isn't much better but he's improving and has good stage presence which should keep him in the mix. Nicholas will probably make the final, and will probably go on to do quite well for himself.

Kingsland Road are building up some momentum, despite their overall lack of talent. Rough Copy are similar to Hannah in that they get lots of praise but I can't see why. Also, their fashion designer needs to change careers.

But for me, Sam Bailey has been absolutely brilliant. Aside from being wonderful at signing, she also comes across as an absolutely lovely, genuine person and part of me would love to see her get a crack at it. I think she's in with a real shout as well.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

This week's Boardwalk Empire had one of the best, roughest and most intense fights in TV history. I would put it right up there with Tony Soprano/Ralphie, Dan Dority/Captain Turner and Jesse/Walt. Hardcore stuff.

Say what you want about Boardwalk Empire but when it comes to violence and action it does it better than any other TV show in history.

The new Fresh Meat is on 4OD. It's good. Jack Whitehall and Zawe Ashton are bloody cracking in it. Joe Thomas plays Kingsley very well, too, but it's less showy. And Kimberley Nixon is still the most beautiful girl in the world.

The scene where they all stayed in the same room is the funniest thing I've seen on TV this year, I think.

• Paid Members
The new Fresh Meat is on 4OD. It's good. Jack Whitehall and Zawe Ashton are bloody cracking in it. Joe Thomas plays Kingsley very well, too, but it's less showy. And Kimberley Nixon is still the most beautiful girl in the world.

Those two are definitely the stars of the show, assuming Zawe Ashton is Vod? The rest are fine, but these two definitely the funniest and most interesting.

• Paid Members

I've probably missed it on here. Must be lots of naughty language lately as tonnes of pages are getting filtered at work.

Anyone been watching Man Down? I've really enjoyed it so far, it's not incredible by any stretch but has a very Inbetweeners with adults, juvenile feel to it and suffice to say Rik Mayall has stolen the show twice in two episodes.

• Paid Members

Watched the pilot but wasn't really sure how to take it, decent in places but ridiculous to the point of being unfunny in others. I like Davies in both Inbetweeners and Cuckoo so will give the second episode a go. I quite liked his accountant friend. Always a treat to see Rik in something too.

• Paid Members

I know what you mean, i have a real problem with stuff that thinks "zany" = funny, but the two episodes i've seen so far havent strayed into annoying territory, they seem to have gotten the balance just about right.

This weeks was all about him trying to cook his ex a meal to win her back, and lines like "But...i've made mince" are where the money's at, amusing because it's so tragic.