What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

5ive were great. Bit odd when they became Four and kept the 5ive name, but still. It all seemed to end so abruptly too. Let's Dance had just come out and it seemed like they were in the prime, then Closer to Me came out and it just, ended. What the hell happened?!

• Paid Members

Did you not watch tonight's episode? I didn't know either actually. Apparently Sean had a breakdown first and they 'unofficially' became four but kept the name. Then Scott had a breakdown too and left the band and that's when they were properly over. They mostly blamed J for it all so no surprise he decided not to show up! Abs seemed to be the hedonistic one of them all and was seriously pissed when it was over because he was living it up on all the drugs and stuff. They seem to have affected his voice too.

• Paid Members
You were lucky - they just tweeted that they've sold out! I have fond memories of "Keep on Movin'" Number 1 in November 1999. I say fond, more vivid than fond, but I still don't mind the tune.

I wonder how they'll share stage time? I'm assuming 911 and The Honeyz will be the jobbers. Atomic Kitten and B*Witched mid-card. 5ive(4ive?) and then LibertyX as the main event.

I still remember all the moves to If You Got The Feelin'. I'll be busting a move on the night when they do that one. I was wondering about the ordering as well. I think you've got it right there though. Not sure about the headliners though, definitely Liberty X or 5ive but I think it'd go off better with 5ive maybe doing We Will Rock You.

I did read that they put an ad on Facebook for a 5th member to replace J though so I wonder if they will come out as 5ive or as 4our.

Edited by Monkee

The big reunion was fantastic. I loved 5ive back then and I remember hearing at the time that Sean has glandulafever, so to hear this all these years later that it was ALL A HUGE LIE was quite amusing. Jay turned out to be a prick too, he looked like the hard one so that isn't a huge surprise. Also, Richie's new Australian accent...???

I quite enjoyed the Liberty X half of the show too. They all seem like quite grounded people and it's only Michelle Heaton that seemed interested in pursuing fame for fame's sake. When it cut to the beardey lad performing on 'the club circuit' I did let a laugh out though. Great stuff.

I hope The Honeyz and 911 aren't on the same episode though, I couldn't name one of their songs and hope they feature really minimally on what looks like a semi-entertaining B*witched show or a train wreck Kerry Catona show.

The Big Reunion was awesome! :thumbsup: I was a huge fan of 5ive but it's also interesting to see the other bands too & hear their stories. It took me right back to my childhood. Will need to dig out the ol' cd's.

Really hated Abs accent though, what the hell!! :confused:

• Paid Members

Watched that last night too, 5ive were every bit the bell ends I expected them to be, although their honesty was fairly refreshing with none of them pretending to have been talented and admitting to being a bunch of lads put together on the grounds of looks before ability.

If it

I watched Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe last night, which included a section where he criticised people for beign rude about celebrities online. He didn't even include his usual self mocking. I know he hasn't done columns like that for a long time, since he suddenly entered the celebrity world and started feeling guilty, but this felt like a massive swing and a miss in presentation.

I watched Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe last night, which included a section where he criticised people for beign rude about celebrities online. He didn't even include his usual self mocking. I know he hasn't done columns like that for a long time, since he suddenly entered the celebrity world and started feeling guilty, but this felt like a massive swing and a miss in presentation.

I couldn't believe how rubbish the first episode of Weekly Wipe was. Every joke just pitiful, right from the off with that Mali/Marley thing. I've loved every other Screen/News/GameWipe that he's done, even the year in review ones that don't seem to be as well received, but this was painful.

Has anyone caught The Following on Sky Atlantic, with Kevin Bacon. It's written by the same guy who wrote Scream (and Dawson's Creek, though that's not as relevant here). The pilot was quite entertaining, a bit of gore and a nice way of providing background. Not entirely convinced by Bacon's performance at times though, but I think I'll stick with it.

Also, started Sons of Anarchy this week and almost went through season one in a day. Very easy to throw on another episode.

Edited by dharmabear

I couldn't believe how rubbish the first episode of Weekly Wipe was. Every joke just pitiful, right from the off with that Mali/Marley thing. I've loved every other Screen/News/GameWipe that he's done, even the year in review ones that don't seem to be as well received, but this was painful.

He's probably not writing any of it any more; he's busy with so much else that I suspect he just turns up and reads it.

Derek - on Channel 4 tonight and The Hotel on Sundays are the only 2 programmes I need in my life :)

The mrs bumped into Mark from the Hotel enjoying a proper coffee and a cigarette last Friday. He's TV gold and a thoroughly nice chap in the flesh by all accounts.

• Paid Members

Anyone been watching The Last Leg on C4? I don't think it's as good as it was when the Paralympics were on but I still think it's very funny. I was disappointed with Idris Elba on it the other week though. He seemed to be trying too hard to be funny and just failed.