What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Finished watching the mini series prequel to Spartacus. Was very good, but not as great as Season 1. Im glad that Sickboy still talks about how great it is, due to the fact:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Im hugely skeptical about how great this show could be without John Hannah. Even in this mini series, hes head and shoulders above everyone else. Unless Ive been swerved, and he is actually in the next season (Im avoiding IMDB until I watch Ep 1), then there is a HUGE void to fill.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();.

As for the series, it was good, but was definately lacking something. Maybe it was because (I assume) it was an almost thrown together idea, to allow that guy some time to recover. If that were indeed the case, Ill give it some slack. With it being only 6 episodes, the storyline is not as complex as the first season. Still, it was interesting to see the origin or most of the main characters.

Edited by Dai

• Paid Members

anyone here ever seen Space: Above and Beyond? it's an old 90's Sci-fi series. I've bean thinking of getting into one of the longer show like Battlestar Galactica for a while but ive gone for this for now mainly because it's only 1 season long and i wanna get onto Oz pretty quickly. The series started out horribly, i genuinely thought i was gonna pack it in but around episode 4-5 it starts to find it's fight. It was a show created by the X Files creators. It's dated pretty poorly but im enjoying it.

Really enjoying Line of Duty on BBC 2.

Anyone watching ?

Yes. I fucking hate that little scrote kid on the bike. I hope they find some way to have one of the more morally dubious characters cave his head in in the last episode tonight.

• Paid Members

Jim Robinson from Neighbours is in almost everything across the pond these days, isn't he? 24, Ugly Betty, West Wing, X Files, NCIS, JAG, CSI Miami, The OC, Lost, Torchwood, Entourage, The Killing. He has a recurring role in quite a few of those. He IS American drama tv.

• Moderators

Been watching the Bank of Dave programmes. Dave Fishwick is the fucking man, isn't he? One of the best things Channel 4 have done in a long time, mainly because of the charming Mr Fishwick.

He's seemingly one of the nicest and soundest people ever. A superstar.

Edited by PowerButchi

Been watching the Bank of Dave programmes. Dave Fishwick is the fucking man, isn't he? One of the best things Channel 4 have done in a long time, mainly because of the charming Mr Fishwick.

He's seemingly one of the nicest and soundest people ever. A superstar.

I thought from the adverts for it I was going to hate him. He IS the fucking man. Just one of life's genuine good people.

Does anybody know when Sky are repeating series 2 of Boardwalk Empire?

just came across this on twitter and remembered someone asking in this thread

Friday 3rd august at 10

also really looking forward to this

amazing reading some posts on other places about how people think this is serious

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members
yeh, he does literally appear in every tv show in America at some point.

Full marks for that one, I think.

74_JAMIE_280x390_722302a_reasonably_small.jpg74_JAMIE_280x390_722302a_reasonably_small.jpg74_JAMIE_280x390_722302a_reasonably_small.jpg74_JAMIE_280x390_722302a_reasonably_small.jpg74_JAMIE_280x390_722302a_reasonably_small.jpg

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members
also really looking forward to this

amazing reading some posts on other places about how people think this is serious

First I've seen of this, could be quite funny.... I haven't seen many instances of a British take of Zucker Abrahams Zucker style spoof-humour, it'll likely be very hit and miss but there are some decent bits in there. 'Dat Dere Yute Club' being one of the better ones