What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I have just surfaced from the marathon of watching Lost - I don't know if this just makes me non-critical or something, but except for some blips at the start of season 6, I adored it all the way through. Realized that apart from the news some mornings, and RAW one Monday, we haven't watched any TV that isn't Lost since April 10th. That's INSANE. I feel bereft, and now I need a recommendation for something else to watch all of on US Netflix.

It's awe-inspiring how much Simon Cowell is repulsed by creativity and the arts. I sort of admire the fact that he so shamelessly bleeds commercial 'art' dry, making a fucking fortune, yet so clearly resents (or just plain doesn't give a toss about) the performers.

I say this because a street dance crew on last nights BGT, who were admittedly a bit ropey, made their routine a sort of urban shakespeare and he just seemed so fucking affronted by the idea they did something other than dance like performing monkeys. I mean it was just barely a concept yet he made out like he was watching a prog band slap toast together to create a hook.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Love a bit of Man V Food Nation. In fact I love most of the shows on the Food Network but especially these:

Meat and Potatoes

Diner's Drive Ins and Dives (Can you guess from my sig)

Man V Food (original and Nation)

The only thing that I don't like about all of these programmes (which are all from the US) is the constant recapping and previewing of what has just happened and what is coming up. There must be at least a quarter of each show that is reserved for just showing us what we have just seen or what we are about to see. It is rather annoying.

On another, non-food related note I am also loving New Girl and Happy Endings at the moment. Great ensemble casts for both shows although I think that Happy Endings just edges it for me. Didn't get into HE straight away but caught a few on TV and then downloaded both series and watched them pretty much back-to-back over the course of a weekend. Love that show. Can't wait for the third series. It also helps that the 3 main females are all quite hot:

happy-endings-cast.jpg

Elisha Cuthbert is obviously uber hot but I have a bit of a thing for Casey Wilson who plays Penny (the brunette). Eliza Coupe isn't too bad either.

Just watched the Season Finale of Homeland. The finale, along with the entire season, was very good. All of the main actors were top notch, with the weakest being Carrie. Damian Lewis in particular was superb. The main plot was interesting and original, and its gradual revelation throughout the season was very well done, without ever getting too over the top.

I've checked out Saturday Night Live recently, and it's odd how inconsistent it is. Usually, it's like they spend Sunday to Friday on the opening sketch, a fair amount of Saturday itself on Weekend Update and then write everything else right before the show airs, without any time to rehearse it and realize how unfunny it is.