What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
The TV version of Just A Minute started on BBC2 this evening. It's on at 6pm every night for the next two weeks. Watch it, iPlayer it.

I love the radio version of Just A Minute but the TV version just did not seem quite right, it was funny but just a little off putting

• Moderators

Oh shit... Someone asking if stamps were legal tender in that stamps thread has just reminded me of a great show that I don't think has been discussed in this thread.

Anyone here watched The League?

Really funny US sitcom about a bunch of guys who have a fantasy football (NFL) league together and take it ultra-seriously. There's 3 seasons, but they're all very short. Well worth a watch.

How is Paul Scheer in it?

Watched the first episode of Community. It was.... ok. I fucking hate Ken Jeong. He's such a fucking try-hard cunt.

It took me a few episodes for Community to really hit me, once you see the Greendale Human Being you'll be hooked. I do agree with what was said earlier in the thread. I'm watching the 2nd series now, some quality episodes and its funny, but I'm struggling with it and I don't know why. They were all loveable in the 1st series, now...not so much :(

although Alison Brie is forever gorgeous.

• Paid Members
I used to hate Ken Jeong also, but Community turned me around on him.

I'm the same, Chesty. He actually becomes one of the funnier characters in it, in my opinion. Bizarre how Chevy Chase and Ken Jeong are two of the best characters in it.

Funnily enough I don't enjoy Pierce at all. Troy and "Britta for the win" ;) Looking back it saddens me how little the Dean is in S1 but luckily he gets more and more screentime, even getting his own episode pretty much in S3.

I'm also in love with Alison Brie.

Like all pilots, just to show how much the show grows over S1, in the pilot, Jeff is wearing tracksuit bottoms. TRACKSUIT BOTTOMS!

Edited by dharmabear

Started watching Alcatraz on Watch the last couple of weeks. Quite enjoyed the first couple of episodes so downloaded the series. So far I'm 5 episodes in and it seems crap. It's exactly the same premise every single week, the exposition from the characters is stupid, the acting isn't great and I;m pretty certain the end result is either cryogenic freezing or aliens.

On the plus side I have a new crush, Sarah Jones who plays the lead character is lovely. :love:

• Paid Members

Re: Alcatraz- it's shit. Some young ass chick as a detective, the annoying fat one from Lost, never liked Sam Neil and after the whole Alcatraz backdrop it's essentially another US detective show. Because they really could do with another.

Watched the first two episodes of erm... Episodes tonight.

The basic premise for it is that Stephen Mangan and Tamisin Grieg play a pair of married comedy writers who get duped into moving to LA to remake their successful British sitcom with Matt LeBlanc starring in it.

I'm actually really enjoying it. It's got a slightly Extras/Curb Your Enthusiasm-vibe about it and more importantly it's actually funny. I've been a big fan of Stephen Mangan for years and i'm always happy to see Matt LeBlanc on TV especially after 'Joey' got cancelled(screw you i liked it)

I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series and series two when it starts airing in July.