What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Trailer Park Boys - Watched the first few episodes last night after being recommended it yesterday. It's good, reminded me of 'Eastbound & Down' which is a good thing. I've got very little on this weekend & the missus is out so I can see myself powering through these. Good stuff.

• Paid Members
Didn't like this week's Fresh Meat as much as most weeks. Really hate the Pee-Wee Herman girl.

I can't get Pee Wee Herman out of my head whenever she is on screen now. Also, Josie seemed alot cuter in this weeks episode, and i didn't think that was possible. Oregon is annoying.

Josie alternates noticeably in size from one scene to another. One moment she's fit, the next scene she's a chubber.

I'm wondering if she got fat at some point during shooting, or pregnant even.

If they just had longer zombie-killing scenes and less talking, like back when it was good, it'd be good.

But is that not what the first two episodes of the 3rd season have been so far? Lots of zombie killing and little else in terms of storyline or character development. Looks like next week will be more story/character based and less action, so you will probably not like it.

On the subject of Hershel,

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I had similar thoughts to yourself when watching the episode (if everyone is already infected then what difference will cutting his leg of make?), but when I actually thought about it more I tend to agree with what LaGoosh is saying (about the infection spreading faster and taking effect faster if you are bitten). It is a confusing idea, but like LaGoosh I am willing to accept it and enjoy the series.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

If they just had longer zombie-killing scenes and less talking, like back when it was good, it'd be good.

But is that not what the first two episodes of the 3rd season have been so far? Lots of zombie killing and little else in terms of storyline or character development. Looks like next week will be more story/character based and less action, so you will probably not like it.

I was mocking the "too many promos, not enough ringtime" criticisms of Raw. Although The Walking Dead's dialogue is often cringe-worthy (the TV show isn't quite as bad as the comic for that, mind) and the characters and story development is atrocious, so when it does focus on those things, it seems even worse. In seasons one and two, at least. Season three hasn't been as bad so far, apart from the SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

"prisoners are thick and weren't listening about headshots LOLZ" (and pretty much everything else with the prisoners so far)

. The wife has been much better in these new episodes, for me. You might be right, though, it might have tricked me into thinking the character stuff has improved simply by hiding it more beneath scenes of people walking around in the dark with crossbows.

Didn't like this week's Fresh Meat as much as most weeks. Really hate the Pee-Wee Herman girl.

I can't get Pee Wee Herman out of my head whenever she is on screen now.

Neither can I. Watching last night's, I started to suspect it's intentional.

Also, Josie seemed alot cuter in this weeks episode, and i didn't think that was possible. Oregon is annoying.

I find Oregon very annoying as well, but it's interesting casting. Oregon and Vod are quite well-positioned to make Josie seem even lovelier. Although when JP was saying "you're fit" to Vod, it didn't seem like he was being sarcastic so the people behind the curtain might just be blind and deaf anyway.

Josie alternates noticeably in size from one scene to another. One moment she's fit, the next scene she's a chubber.

I'm wondering if she got fat at some point during shooting, or pregnant even.

She's still fit when she's a chubber, dickhead! Even fitter. I assume I think this because it increases her attainability in my delusional mind. I think she is just a bit chubbier than general actress/model types, but some clothes and hairstyles either emphasise it or [whatever the opposite of emphasise is it.]

Not sure if its been discussed, but I'm not filtering through 95 pages of this thread to find out.

Recently downloaded all three seasons of Louie, the TV show of stand up Louis CK. Only watched the first two episodes and so far so good, its quite dark and I'm glad as I expected some kind of sitcom interspersed with stand up...I'm not sure why but I imagined it to be like Sienfield, just a lot darker but in the same format. Glad its not.

Anyone else watched it all?

Hebburn's really polarised opinions up here. Was really looking forward to it as one of my mates has been plugging it like mad in the local paper (he knows Jason Cook, and we both know Chris Ramsey). Have to say I found it disappointing though - not terrible, just a bit 'meh'. Very derivative and a bit lazy, although Vic Reeves and the nana provided some rare laughs. I don't like the idea of casting so many stand-up comics. As I say, it paid off somewhat with Vic Reeves, but Ramsey's acting was on a par with Brian Robson in Jossie's Giants. It's ok casting a non-actor in the main role if you're Seinfeld, but not when you're making a broad, unambitious family sitcom where the gags aren't strong enough to sell themselves.

Not sure if its been discussed, but I'm not filtering through 95 pages of this thread to find out.

Recently downloaded all three seasons of Louie, the TV show of stand up Louis CK. Only watched the first two episodes and so far so good, its quite dark and I'm glad as I expected some kind of sitcom interspersed with stand up...I'm not sure why but I imagined it to be like Sienfield, just a lot darker but in the same format. Glad its not.

Anyone else watched it all?

Yeah, I've watched them since they've started. It is pretty much is Seinfeld, just darker and stranger really. It also reminds me of Curb your Enthusiasm. There's a great three part episode in Season 3.

Been watching old episodes (late 80's-early 90's) of The Bill that some kind soul has put up on Youtube this week.Forgot how good a show it was back when they had real characters like Tosh,Burnside and Ted Roche.Couldn't stand the recent-ish version that was filled with models and pricks who couldn't act for shite.No surprise that it was cancelled.

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members
Been watching old episodes (late 80's-early 90's) of The Bill that some kind soul has put up on Youtube this week.Forgot how good a show it was back when they had real characters like Tosh,Burnside and Ted Roche.Couldn't stand the recent-ish version that was filled with models and pricks who couldn't act for shite.No surprise that it was cancelled.

Loving the walking dead season 3 although I had a idea as to how its all going to end. I reckon when they be done god knows how many seasons and the last every episode plays we'll find its a dream and rick is still in a coma in hospital he'll wake up in a sweat and that will be the end.Also been watching the river on sci Fi channel. Loving it so much I brought the whole season 1 on region 1 dvd . Loved it to dead so hope they do a second season

• Paid Members

Caught up on the first two episodes of 'Hebburn' and really enjoyed it. The Gran is hilarious and it also gets bonus points for having the lovely Kimberley Nixon.Anyone catch the new series of Misfits last night? It was abit of a let down. The new lass isn't too bad and Rudy is still fun, but it just lacks something. Maybe its because the only original Misfit is the boring, annoying one.